Urgent Action Alert in Virginia - HB2294 / SB903

HB2294 is in conference and we have but a few moments to try to influence the outcome.

We need to let our elected officials know how we feel and we need to protect Virginia hemp. Please email/call all 6 conferees and let them know you oppose any artificial mg caps that will ban (non-intoxicating) full-spectrum hemp products and force us to include toxic bittering agents in topicals. This action will put hundreds of Virginia farmers and small businesses out of business on day one. We can stop this unnecessary overreach, but we need your help NOW! The hemp industry wants sensible regulation, but these draconian bills are contrary to the agricultural spirit of Virginia.

• Pure CBD Isolate has an extremely low agricultural value. Virginia Farmers cannot compete in a hemp industry where Zero-THC is required for consumer products.
  • Delta 8 & Delta 10 and other intoxicating edibles are already banned under the 2022 budget bill. VDACS already has the authority to remove these intoxicating products from shelves.

We thank you for your help.

Please call and email these conferees. Tell them that mg package caps and bittering agents in HB2294 & SB903 will kill the hemp industry in Virginia.

Senator Barbara Favola - (804) 698-7531 district31@senate.virginia.gov

Senator Adam Ebbin - (804) 698-7530 district30@senate.virginia.gov

Senator Emmett Hangar - (804) 698-7524 district24@senate.virginia.gov

Delegate Charniele L. Herring - (804) 698-1046 DelCHerring@house.virginia.gov

Delegate Terry G. Kilgore -(804) 698-1001 DelTKilgore@house.virginia.gov

Delegate James A. (Jay) Leftwich Jr. - (804) 698-1078 DelJLeftwich@house.virginia.gov

2 Likes

I hear hemp FIBER is pretty damn neat…

Plastics are neat too

The farm bill was never meant to flood the alt-cannabinoids market.

Under 0.3 won’t be doing any time

gotta get de-corticating!

7 Likes

Once you jump into the industrial side the only regret you’ll have is not doing it sooner!

4 Likes

…come out and play.

3 Likes

This really sucks for us here in Virginia. Fiber isnt viable here yet. I suppose as long as the medical MSO’S get their money i should be happy for them. I mean, isnt this whole thing about money? Just will be able to sleep at night knowing they are getting everything they want in life.

3 Likes

I agree but tol they free d9 and let ppl get high thats what you’re gonna get lol

That’s why it’s fucked.

1 Like