Unkowns in extracts

@Saucyslabz you have a good point about the nature of this conversion. Yes higher potency is achieved with other catalysts.

Personally I’ll take a product made with something that’s actually added to vape juice.

I believe everyone commenting on this topic is right. And has the right to voice their opinion.

Just do so appropriately and in the appropriate thread…

And even more importantly…comment from a positive, forward thinking perspective that is not influenced by personal bias or anything g other than educational motives…and without assuming anything

Are any of these minor cannabinoids or even industrial hemp extracts (besides oil from the seeds) FDA approved for human consumption?
Anything new should be approached with exactly the level of due diligence one would expect when consuming something the FDA has not studied.

We know how much the Gilson CPC sucks @CO_Chromatography and are collectively approaching more feasible solutions…

Don’t murder the rev stream that keeps the scientists afloat…

Furthermore I’ve urged you to reach out to me personally with your concerns and will be more than happy to see if there’s chance for us to work together…if approached respectfully…I’m pretty reasonable…and since you are incredibly passionate about this subject you will probably work pro bono on R & D like the rest of us right? :wink: I seriously value people who care about safety.

@Roguelab I was on the hunt for reliable analytics including triple MS and NMR for months. I’m thrilled to have started working with brilliant analytical chemists and even a synthetic chemist recently…we all know that CAT 3 testing in California is among the most stringent but only tests for known contaminants and compounds…which can lead to problems like the vapocalypse of 2019 (or earliest cases of COVID :man_facepalming: :man_shrugging:)

@CO_Chromatography I must add that there are no “ambassadors” to the Future4200 forum. The GLG is completely separate and I do not speak for, represent the views of, nor obligate the admins and creators of this forum in any way.

5 Likes

No monetary gains are made on the behalf of any admins or creators of this forum through my interactions with other members interested in procuring samples of research cannabinoids

2 Likes

What’s wrong with a HCl catalyst? Unless the product isn’t pH neutralized? After reducing pH with say, NaOH the only by-product of HCl would be table salt and water. Is it a less selective catalyst?

2 Likes

It s funny how you down grade HCL
It s produced by your stomach every day you digest proteins because you produce it
I do not see where citric acid is more safe than hcl but then again so is acetone

5 Likes

It comes down to a fundamental misunderstanding of the chemistry imo. “Food grade” chemicals in doesn’t mean a safe to consume output

3 Likes

Citric acid is used pretty commonly to ph swing when water washing between first and second passes

This guy gets it.

4 Likes

Is it conceivable or viable to remediate out the unknowns commonly found in D8 products ?

After have a bad experience with various sources for D8 on this site I would be willing to donate $100 to the R&D effort in the interest of consumer safety and advancing cannabis tek towards pharma-grade purity.

Believe he’s only referencing products created through a catalytic conversion. Because of the possible different reactions, the 20% unknown is possibly much different then the 20% unknown in traditional distillate that was just distilled. Because

heat + pressure/vaccuum + catalysts/chemicals = possibly new/unknown compounds that could be poisonous. I believe that’s what he’s getting at?

2 Likes

Is this thc complaint D8?

@_00 I like that mentality. I’d throw $100 towards R&D or an SOP for safer D8 with less unknowns.

It has been the first cannabinoid that has brought me true relief for a bad back after several years.

6 Likes

I was doing some analytical work for my University, for their hemp projects. My plan was interrupted by everything going on was to work with a grad student looking deeper at the chemistry of the plant using Mass spectroscopy. Some University’s might be interested in the analysis and possibly research if there’s funding.

2 Likes

Let’s connect over DM on this.

Offer is also open to anyone else interested in community funded R&D.

Why search for unknowns if the teck already exists for 99% conversion of tac yust diffrent catalyst

4 Likes

At this point the potential for an open source SOP that offers safer and cheaper D8 would address many of the quality concerns / adverse effects that many have experienced. It would also be of benefit for those new to the conversion process that want to understand the risks. Nothing against high conversion rates; wish they were better understand and properly applied.

We’ll never regulate away what kids are cutting carts with but we can offer customers a product with quality as a value add.

2 Likes

It’s possible to get good numbers with SPD, a couple runs and mediocre product. I would like to see highest D8/D9 in reflux with the smallest % of unknowns. That would show the catalyst that goes into the SOP is the cleanest with as few side reactions as possible.

Already here
Put issolate in the flask get 99 % tac out of the flask with 85-93% thc D9

3 Likes

Yes I was only referencing converted products as well.

Today on the phone a lab called me about a new batch of CBN they had told me the remaining 7% of the 93% is “organic material” “just like broad or full spectrum distillate” !!! I grilled him a little bit on it and he couldn’t give me a straight answer other than that.

1 Like

Tell me more?

I was talking in reflux to prove it’s clean before SPD, but did you want to share with the class?

3 Likes