Undercanopy lighting

Hey y’all

Didnt find any thread here talking about the new hype of undercanopy LED’s.

Was wondering if anyone had added them if they could share their results.

I personally want to add some in my greenhouse, i already have HPS supp. But i have a lot (25%) of C grade buds (good for pre-rolls or sugar trim)

I was looking into Faven Lighting, which looks exactly like Flexstar (chinese brand)

1 Like

Had the same thought looking at the craftfarmer undercanopy led. Looks very similar to the Flexstar.

1 Like

Inner canopy lighting is kinda tricky. It absolutely can give you more viable biomass.

However, it will create far more pruning work to really be worth it. It’s only going to reduce the amount of “low grade bud” by a small margin, but it is going to create a lot more biomass and chuff for sure.

Inner canopy and side lighting can absolutely help produce more biomass. It being a god send and miracle isn’t really true.

4 Likes

What about the problem with a plant being confused. Light typically shines from above. The plant likes to lean toward light. I imagine odd/not uniform growth could occur. There might even be a chance of stress. With the added biomass below you are also sacrificing your airflow and environment below. I would focus more on ways to adjust what’s going on inside the plant to gain yield instead of adding more outside features. A plant will only do everything in its own power. If a plant cannot produce more energy on its own the only gains from throwing external extras will be seen in the wallet of the equipment supplier.

2 Likes

Hps on top and LED side lighting directed at the middle of the canopy will create some magnificent buds. Alittle more shwag or larf at the undercanopy but not much. If u prune the bottoms b4 side lighting is introduced, youll be much happier.
Since LEDs can be dimmed, u can get them extremely close and not burn the leaves. ive even seen them used as inner canopy lighting, facing down, aligned at the middle of the chunkers.

Just realized this is for a gh, u really shouldnt need side lighting, ur gh plastic should already be bending/diffusing the natural light waves all around the plants.

1 Like

I use high wattage pigtail CFL’s, a clamp lamp and one of those green plastic coated sticks to fill out my undercanopy.