Ultrasonication for hydrocarbon removal

Lmfao that’s what I was just thinking.

Will post if I find any.

1 Like

He doesn’t want to blow his own horn.
Because; it might blow up…

Wants to know which horn you’re blowing.

:shushing_face:

9 Likes

You can intrinsically safe any transducer, you need to encapsulate the contacts and any exposed conductive/current connected surface with putty/Epoxies.

Least theoretically.

I cannot sign off on the above statement, and am not liable for any accidents.

But that’s likely how it Is achieved.

3 Likes

Can I use C4?

No way Dude, he wants you to pot the electronics, you gotta use wiper tails…

5 Likes

Pot it with c4 :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve long been into the idea of a sonicator pen for whipping badder. I’ve never tried it. I was thinking a pneumatic jewelers sonicator used to micro polish rings, etc. Clamp a lab tool into it.

1 Like

In order:
Yes. Maybe. No. No. Yes. Context.

I hope my post didn’t come off as rude or presutmive. If it did I applogize. That wasn’t my goal. :peace_symbol:

I think this is an interesting thread. However, typically, threads have a more open discussion of methods/hypotheses or throwing of bones, not with such obscurity found here. As the old lady said:

I get it if you want to protect IP, but it never hurts to ask:

1 Like

Indeed.

Lol I dropped a huge tip in mine that someone could work in a lab for a long time and never think to try that definely can set cured HTE apart. That is the spoon I’ve offered and it may even be a spoon never posted. I gave plenty of into.
If you have a dangerous amount of butane don’t do this, I’ll and that tip but everything else can be figured out in a few days with some R&D

9 Likes

Agreed, you did drop some breadcrumbs. Much appreciated :+1: :100:

I will edit my @ of you out of my post; I shouldn’t have included you in the first place.

I don’t think anyone is looking for a :spoon: in this thread, but maybe some :chopsticks:? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What you wrote about HTE is why I suspect the use of an ultrasonic transducer + probe rather than an ultrasonic bath: viscosity.

3 Likes

The Hall effect sensor on a Beckmann I ought wrestle with some more…two wires and some putty…

4 Likes

just replying to this thread in general at this point but, obviously don’t use this tech if you have a dangerous amount of butane in your extract still. lol. I feel like that should be obvious. We aren’t the only industry using this tech for degassing.

4 Likes

quick google search found this.

any internet pirates wanna find me the full pdf?

@thesk8nmidget

j.ultsonch.2004.01.025.pdf (424.3 KB)

4 Likes

@SidViscous

Don’t you have a pile of ultrasonic horns gathering dust?

Or have you done built these already?!!

5 Likes

You betcha I’ve got a box somewhere. As I assumed though, a speaker is of no use without a record and I never got around to doing anything with them lol. I certainly haven’t ever built a spiral ultrasonic reactor thing but it looks awesome!

1 Like

You looking to sell them?

Could one stack two 1-500Hz VFD to get high power 1-250kHz?

Take “60 cycle hum” to an entirely different level?!?

Or use a car amp (or twelve) to turn a wee screamer into a real power house

It’s also not clear to me that that ultrasonic frequency’s would be required for purging.

Maybe it’s “all about that base?”

6 Likes

ive been looking for my damn ultrasonic bath all day. sounds good for hte vs heat

Ultrasonic works pretty well. I Built a whole system on this technology. Need to take care of evaporation and solvent fog.

3 Likes