Ultrasonication for hydrocarbon removal

I am curious if anyone else is currently utilizing ultrasonication for hydrocarbon removal? I’ve been having some good success with this and just wondering if anyone else is doing the same?

2 Likes

Last time people talked about it everyone was concerned something negative would happen. Got a vibrator strapped to the rig? Lol

3 Likes

Hydrocarbon removal of what? Do you mean while purging extracts?

I’ve got a couple different methods but the only thing I’ve noticed is it always makes a badder which I like.

2 Likes

For removal of hydrocarbon. Sorry maybe I didn’t word that right? Removal/Purging of hydrocarbons.

1 Like

Are you doing it under vac and without any heat?

I wasn’t trying to go fully in depth with my process but was more curious if others were doing this as well. I do utilize heat in the process though.

It hasn’t really crossed my mind to try but I’d be happy to explore it further and share my findings.

2 Likes

give it a shot! So far I’ve been able to get down to 25ppm of butane with a small amount of agitation through ultrasonication.

7 Likes

I do it all the time. Has other uses as well. You can buzz away the boof smell from trim HTE.
Between this and a few other tricks my extracts really never see vacuum and I see ND butane extremely consistently.

26 Likes

that’s what I’m talking about. I’ve been seeing similar results.

3 Likes

no suck?
just scream?

:thinking:

21 Likes

Slap and tickle

Makes sense that this purging process would not be applicable for shatter consistency @steelrollin I’m surprised you even need to add heat. With a probe, lots of heat is generated, but I’m assuming this process is utilizing a sonicating bath vs the probe?

3 Likes

I like the screamers… makes you look like a superhero to the neighbors😎

2 Likes

This whole thread is like a game of peek a boo.

mandalorian-baby-yoda

@steelrollin care to drop some context on your posts? :pray:

I would love to understand your process for a better dialog on this open discussion forum.

images (1)

My thought as well, but their posts seem to imply they are using ultrasonic probes.

1 Like

Or maybe it’s about where to source those intrinsically safe ultrasonic-purge-drivers

5 Likes

Is it though? Or is it just asking to see if others are seeing similar results. Have you been doing this? Have you tried it? Have you thought about it?

I have said I’m using ultrasonication for removal of hydrocarbons and I am utilizing heat. What else do you need from me here?

3 Likes

Lmfao that’s what I was just thinking.

Will post if I find any.

1 Like

He doesn’t want to blow his own horn.
Because; it might blow up…

Wants to know which horn you’re blowing.

:shushing_face:

9 Likes

You can intrinsically safe any transducer, you need to encapsulate the contacts and any exposed conductive/current connected surface with putty/Epoxies.

Least theoretically.

I cannot sign off on the above statement, and am not liable for any accidents.

But that’s likely how it Is achieved.

3 Likes