Ultrasonic bath mayhem

I’ve bought 2 30L Vevor ultrasonic cleaning baths other the last few weeks. The first one worked for 2 days then it starting smelling like something was burning. Upon inspection the housing for the fuse was melted as well as part of the power cord.

So I returned it and bought another one. I hooked it up to a new surge protector and it worked fine on Friday however today it started smelling like something was burning and the same thing happened :face_with_spiral_eyes:

We have had another ultrasonic bath hooked up to the same surge protector/circuit and it is having no issues.

It seems unlikely that both units were faulty from the factory but that’s where I want to point my finger.

Anyone have an idea what’s going on?

1 Like

Call an electrician and see if your voltage is stable / correct

4 Likes

Manufacturers site says 600 watts. Im not much of a tech, but I think they would stick a meter on the parts inside and test each one to see if something is pulling too much juice.

1 Like

1/3 working sounds about right for trying new products from overseas.

2 Likes

I have had the same thing happen

3 Likes

Ditto, just repaired one from storage a few weeks ago that had the same issue as you. Got a pic of the actual unit itself so I can see if it’s the same one? Plug/fusebox looks about similar

Edit: My bad, saw the link. 100% the same fucking unit with the same issue. Holy fucking shit. Lucky you caught it when you did, the one I fixed was far more along in the melting process and could barely fit the fuse holder in there. That fucker is getting trashed now if I have anything to say about it

3 Likes

Been there, done that. Had three of them fail that way. Don’t trust any of them at this point.

The power inlet simply isn’t rated for the current they are drawing.

I replaced the sockets with more expensive ones, and insisted that WATER was the only fluid in the baths.

1100W. 600W ultrasonic & 500W heating. Which should just about work on a 10A fuse.

Pretty sure the ones I had fail were nominal 1500W. I was not informed of additional failures after replacing inlets with 20A receptacles…but I’m not certain I actually solved the problem

4 Likes

You’re kinda lucky you didn’t burn your building down. You literally bought the biggest pile of shit electronics you could have got your hands onm. Vevor sells things that don’t make the cut in China, to unsuspecting Americans. Some of the highest failure prone and return rates in cheap electronics and components you’ll ever run into.
Cut your losses and go get a more reliable unit.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Y5L6F36/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

anyone have experience with this guy? got one off amazon and havent uncrated yet

1 Like

We’ve had ours for 1.5-2 years without any issues. We also have a tiny one, brand skymen, for 5 years and still kickin. @apeksuser

2 Likes

Another thing to watch for: this unit has been in use for a few years, never noticed the power cord/receptacle problem but started smelling electrical fire/burnt wiring scents. Looks like the leads to the ultrasound transducers were not soldered and arced their way through the leads over time

5 Likes