UFC Considering Psychedelic Therapy for Fighters

One of the first organizations to embrace CBD advertising & sponsorships is talking with Johnny Hopkins, a close friend of @AgTonik , about the feasibility of psychedelic drug therapies.

6 Likes

They really don’t allow weed in the ufc let alone psychedelics.

I wonder what Usada thinks about this as they pretty much follow Olympic testing standards. While the ufc doesn’t have to use usada, they do because of the rampede steroid use in MMA

5 Likes

Given your love of cycling, it’s bound to be strange to see Jeff Novitzky on the other side of the issue.

2 Likes

I know. But I know he’s good at his job and was relentless with lance.

He’s really changed the steroid use in the UFC. I think a lot of the fighters I loved were just not the same without the juice.

He’s pretty open if you hear his stance on people like the Diaz brothers with weed and shit. He’s just doing his job.

2 Likes

Vitor would be a prime example.

gF6lD

7 Likes

4 Likes

Can’t help but think Joe Rogan had something to do with that

4 Likes

Is anyone doing “research” with psychedelics and corona patients? I heard on the radio about some patients suffering neurological damage. That got me wondering if damage could be reversed or even prevented.

M e t h

A n t I v I r a l

8 Likes

The UFC has relaxed its stance a lot when it comes to Cannabis, both THC and CBD. Keep in mind they do not allow ANY performance enhancing drugs within a certain time frame of your fight and that included simple pain killers like tylenol or Advil. You get tested pre and post fight for a stricter list of drugs than when you take your “random” tests without a fight scheduled. They allow fighters to use cannabis recreationally and for rehabilitation post fight.

If you see a fighter get in trouble for THC or CBD it is because they took it too close to the fight date. It is not too big of discrimination IMO because they can barely take ANYTHING when they are about to step in the cage. Their supplements have to be very harshly monitored and tested as well to make sure there are not unlisted ingredients that may get them in trouble.

MAPS and their research definitely has more to do with Dana’s interest in psychedelics for brain rehabilitation than Joe Rogan. However Joe has hosted Paul Stamets many times and they dive deep into MAPS and their research as well as psilocybin and other mushroom’s beneficial properties. So Joe may have SOME influence.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Welp.

UFC is now the headiest stateside combat sports organization. Suck it, De La Hoya.

5 Likes

Really funny timing. I saw this on IG about 15 minutes after my post above.

1 Like

Still up to the states athletic commission