Type of tank for butane/propane mix

I have a 70/30 butane/propane mix from BVV, I’m trying to find a second tank to use for recovery, can I just grab any old propane tank? I understand Daltons Law and how the pressures will add up in the tank, I’m just trying to make sure there’s no special valves or anything I need or something else I’m unaware of to contain this mixture?

Sorry for the stupid question in advance

most tanks have odorant in it.

1 Like

That’s a good point, I hadn’t thought of that. Where do you recommend I get a tank without it? Or is there a particular type of tank favored for this use?

I think amazon has a stainless tank for round 300. I use a 100 dollar yellow carbon recovery tank but everyone here says go stainless.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/BEST-VALUE-VACS-62010-DOT-Approved/dp/B07H3B33FN/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=365EKQB9T1F7O&keywords=yellow%2Bcarbon%2Brecovery%2Btank&qid=1646868512&sprefix=yellow%2Bcarbon%2Brecovery%2Btank%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

Something like that is what you got? And why stainless? Easier cooling?

butane propane pull water out the weed and will rust a non stainless tank unless you use mole seive

1 Like

Hit up @Killa12345 for a stainless tank
And welcome to the community @BluntsenBurner

3 Likes

Those are carbon steel. We use material which has at sometimes 15% moisture to fresh frozen with tons of moisture.

Those tanks rust on the inside after prolonged use. They are certainly a viable option temporarily but probably will need to be replaced every year or 2.

8 Likes

Appreciate the info bud, I’ll look into getting a stainless steel tank