Two Stage Oil Mist Eliminator

Has anyone had experience with this new style of Oil Mist Eliminator from Solberg?

This Two Stage Exhaust Filter features 1) a coalescing element that captures oil mist and most contaminants. 2) an activated carbon element removes strong odors generated by the process.

I am more curious about #2 with regard to reducing process smells. I know they work great for #1 capturing oil mist. We have sold several of them but I don’t have any direct feedback on the performance. They are well made and a great idea, just haven’t heard much first hand.

https://xtraxpros.com/two-stage-oil-mist-filter-exhaust-mist-odor/

:joy::joy::joy::joy: you sure know how to market :joy::joy:

7 Likes

From my grow exp using charcoal filters to remediate odors, as soon as the carbon gets “wet”, the carbon is useless.

3 Likes

Thanks, that is good feedback. We had our doubts about the effectiveness or longevity of the carbon puck filter used in the 2nd stage.

Thanks! :wink: We are in the business of providing the best vacuum products for this industry but have limited face-to-face lab time here which will change very soon. We’ve provided vacuum products for many other industries for 20+ years and are doing our best with cannabis extraction.

1 Like

Can you provide us some useful information. Maybe like a vacuum pump rebuild guide. A ton of us have Alcatel 2021i or Edwards 28/30. How about some repair guides.

I have found success here by sharing my knowledge here free and providing the community a good service with my equipment business

4 Likes

Keep your prices in context to the “other” industries and you will do fine. The worst thing you can do is try and make the switch to try and green tax us.

6 Likes

Good advice and super relevant! Its absurd what some are charging for short-term gains. We have an unnamed re-seller in Canada that buys 19 grade vacuum oil from XTRAX for approx $25 and sells for $125.

We will always keep our prices even or below most others! We buy in volume and have 20+ year old relationships with our vendors.

2 Likes

Vacuum pump repair is twitchy and there are tricks and best practices with each pump. A good place to buy minor or major repair kits for Alcatel / Adixen, Edwards pumps and others is Precision Plus.

They specialize in assembling the appropriate components into repair kits in order to make the repair and rebuild process efficient and cost effective. Having comprehensive repair kits available eliminates the need to place many individual purchase orders with many different vendors for all of the separate parts. Everything needed for the pump repair is conveniently included in one comprehensive repair kit.

If, however, you have specific questions hit us up. We have a ton of experience with these pumps and can give you some guidance.

3 Likes

Correct, keep this in mind and you will do great in this sector.

3 Likes