Turning Dark Rosin Into Carts

You can filter it out with a syringe filter they can be bought on amazon, this gives you the distillate clarity
you are prob looking for.

Link to some:

https://www.amazon.com/Membrane-Solutions-Lab-Supply-Diameter/dp/B074QM7VTW?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_obs_hd_bw_bLWdf1&pf_rd_r=7SGZ8AVP3J3ZBJZXNWFY&pf_rd_p=19b7f331-1c5a-5cf0-99f3-734de50b97bb&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=318082011

it will filter some of the impurities but it will NEVER give you the clarity that distillate has.

2 Likes

Also wouldn’t you have to heat the shit significantly to get to be able to be pushed through the .2um filter? I could see you having to apply so much pressure that the filter just flys off and I squirt warm rosin all over your jimmys

2 Likes

I concur, that’s exactly what happens lol

3 Likes

You don’t turn dark rosin into something the color of distillate. Gotta try harder than that. You can’t just squish old flower and expect to be able to mimic a product that ordinarily requires tens of thousands in equipment by buying a $13 pack of syringe filters. Low effort yields low quality.

Pushing hot oil through those is not going to remove much of what you want to (because it’s hot) and it’s just going to leach plasticizers into your oil and jam up a bunch of your yield. Main thing you’re going to be filtering out is oil you failed to decarb.

If your rosin is dark to start with then you need to figure out how to press better rosin (which usually just means finding fresher material and filter bags). You don’t have the luxury of polishing turds Into clear oil if all you know how to use is some hot metal plants and a syringe filter. Need to be realistic. I’m all for a nice rosin cart but hash rosin or mechanically separated fresh flower is the only thing worth putting in a cart.

2 Likes