Turning BHO into RSO

I used bho for years to help me after chemo and later one of the contributing factors to me being cancer free. Rso is good to an extent. But, it’s also for the person at home, who doesn’t have the processing capabilities that we do. The next batch of feco that I put out is going to look something like this.

Fully dabable and activated d9. Full terpene profile, with little to no degradation.

9 Likes

Bho and rao are extracted 2 different ways it wont happen. Rso is a full plant extrqct bho tends to pull only cannabinoids and terps while rso pulls everything soluable including chlorophyll ect

The warmer and long you alow your solvent to soak weather its tane or etho you will pull more plant materials

1 Like

Place whole flower nugs in a clean jar or round bottom flask.

Pour 190 Proof Alcohol over the whole flower nugs just enough to cover the whole flower nugs.

Shake the jar or round bottom flask for 4-14 mins.

Strain through a 190-Micron Bubble Bag

Distill to a goopy oil. Decarb the goopy oil.

That’s how you make RSO.

What I get is 1 gram of RSO from every 7 Grams of Cannabis.

You can do the dry ice wash to cannabis to rip and strip it a longer wash pulls more. Straining it thru a 190-Micron Bubble Bag RATHER THAN WINTERIZING and then distilling to a goopy oil and then decarbing the goopy oil has actually proved more so useful than just shaking it in a jar.

1 Like

Hell yeah buddy! Respect

1 Like

Rso is pretty much just crude, too. At least that’s how it feel. I prefer to tidy it up a little bit.

5 Likes

lmao yuuup

I still believe RSO has added benefits something about the myriad of water solubles and cannabinoid soup …

2 Likes

Although, leaving your Mason Jar that has cannabis that’s soaked in 190-proof alcohol in a standard freezer overnight and then shaking for 4-10 mins the next day has proven useful and has proved to provide an adequate edible FECO.

1 Like

If you want all the other undesirables use warm butane on a long soak time with out any filtration. This may give you more of the compounds you are looking for if you are looking for that. Just a thought. I am not positive what you get will be exactly the same. Agreeing with Sonic Gardens.

1 Like

One could decarb then add wiper tails…

If it was just the nasty taste and color you were after.

Maybe decarbed BHO will suffice, maybe Rick was on to something. imo we don’t actually have that data…

2 Likes

depending on what equipment you have access to, theres a couple ways you can go. Heres how I do it:

Blast your biomass and harvest your crude, offgas as much butane as possible in a vac oven

Melt down your crude and mix at 10:1 ratio with ethanol, freeze for 24 hours and filter through buchner funnel, freeze what you filtered for 24 more hours and filter again.

Recover your ethanol and harvest your “RSO” for activation

Place in vac oven at 220-250f stirring occasionally until bubbling stops

1 Like

Sometimes I’ll blast and times I’ll just wash in ethanol or food grade isopropyl. Run thru Rotovap.

What are media are you using to filter the 6:1 diluted RSO? Paper Fikter gauge any DE?
Thsnks

If i plannned in making rso w bho id wash warm to get all the goods for eating. Then decarb and u can cut w desired oils to make it nore readily available to the boduly

2 Likes

i didnt know there was such thing as food grade isopropyl, TIL

just Whatman filter paper to remove fats and waxes

Yes. They all different things available tweaked to specific jobs. I’ll use isopropyl pluse a little n- heptante mixed together for RSO. Works great.

Im glad the conclusion here is FECO is the way.

using “00” capsules are the best way to consume RSO imo. No taste but all the effects.

1 Like

I’d definitely look into doing an Ethanol Winterization before I just decarbed and called it good.

I’d go at least -45f overnight, then double buchner filter under vac and then I’d purge ethanol and decarb, 3 days at 150 to ensure all the terps are kept (Jar tek).

1 Like