Trying to remediate HTFSE that I poured off too early

I recently poured off the sauce seperation from my diamonds. The terp sauce still has a potency of 35% total THC (27.1% thca, 11.3% d9thc). With this being said, my terps have a high concentration of thca in the form of micro crystals making my terp sauce too thick. I plan to use the terps to flavor distillate/co2 oil pens so i want to decrease the viscocity. My plan is to add butane to the terps sauce, drop a seed in, letting it sit at cryo for 24 hours and then into the oven at 85 degrees F to attemp to crash out the remaining thca. Does anyone have any experience and advice they are willing to share to guide me through this. Also how do I know when my thca is done growing. I usually pour off the terps when there is no pressure on the lid. Thanks in advance for the support. (I don’t have a chemistry background so dumb it down if possible)

3 Likes

Maybe buy this thing.
(YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude)

4 Likes

Theres an eBay version for half the price

3 Likes

If the sauce has visual micro crystals in suspension, just cap it up and leave it at 85f for 7 days. Your thca will end up on the bottom.

7 Likes

Decarb it all under pressure.

Pull vac on said vessel, then sweep/backfill with n2 to 5-10psi tops. Then toss on some heat.

Once all the micro thca is gone, toss it in the freezer to condense the terps that vaporized. You may have a slight variation on the profile, but it’s very very light. You’ll have thc in your terps still, but at least it won’t fuck your carts up by crystallizing.

3 Likes

You could gently distill the terps off

2 Likes

I see no need to add additional solvent.

A seed wouldn’t hurt.

Running through a centrifuge filter would get everything that has already crashed (linked above by @Alphaisolations)

Combining the advice so far; add seed, add heat, filter in a week or so.

Then decarb so it won’t happen again in your cart.

2 Likes

The simplest is to do what I said. I assure you, the thca will drop to the bottom in 7 days. Don’t touch the jar at all. You will not grow any larger crystals, but you will have a definitive separation of sauce and crystallized thca. Draw it off with a syringe or just pour it off and stop when thca begins to transfer.

There is further remediation, or you can just do what I do and whip the remaining thca and terps up and give it away to friends and family. Of course, I have an abundance of product at hand and all margins are satisfied with the “waste”

2 Likes

Can you link it? I tried to find it and couldn’t locate it.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

If you pull your extract out of the extractor and it’s full of butane still, how do you propose you pull a vacuum on the vessel? And how much heat would you advise?

What is happening here exactly? Is the thca decarbing enough to interfere with thca crystallization?

2 Likes

As usual per @cyclopath, this is all correct

3 Likes

I do this with finished product.

I did it at 185-195c.
And that’s exactly what’s happening during the decarb

Breaking off the carbon molecule the A in thca. And converting it all over to thc or delta 9.

1 Like

I mean he could add 10 parts butane and leave on dry ice for 24 hr…

2 Likes

Did you dewax?

1 Like

Ebay LD-3 centrifuge

2 Likes

Whoops, I mean the centrifuge tube not the centrifuge.

2 Likes

Ahh ya idk ive never looked for them

Yes dewaxed at about -45 C for 1 hour

https://www.amazon.com/eCon-Lab-Supply-Centrifugal-Filters/dp/B01EIAXMN4/ref=mp_s_a_1_105?keywords=centrifuge+filter+tube&qid=1583638938&sprefix=centrifuge+filter+&sr=8-105

4 Likes