Trustworthy Labs in Oklahoma - who tells the truth and nothing but the truth

I’m beating my head against the wall looking for a good lab in central OK. I’ve been using Rhino Labs, but the results they give me don’t make sense half the time. When I press them on it, I get lame excuses and weak explanations. Too often it’s on their end and they have to make adjustments to my result reports. It always leaves me wondering who is zooming who? The reason I’ve used them is they are located about 5 miles from my house. Getting samples to them is easy. They take a full week and often 10 days.

All the labs I’ve been referred to are in the Tulsa area, about 130 miles from me, so I’ve been procrastinating on taking them up there. I only have 3 or 4 at a time and they don’t want to come that far for so few. Especially for a new customer. I need to find one in OKC that isn’t a bunch of pencil-whippers.

2 Likes

grab some in-house testing… play around for a few months… then start holding some of these labs responsible for their work… if their results dont make sense after… ask for a refund.

if they arent making money, maybe they will clean up their act

5 Likes

Sample turnaround shouldn’t take that long, they must be limited in some kind of capacity. It’s a shame really, you have a ton of great analytical labs around your area that offer everything other than cannabis testing…

I second @Killa12345, in-house testing is a great way to tinker around and understand results in the long-run. If this lab has adjusted your results multiple times, the explanations they’re giving you probably aren’t going to help you understand much.

As far as reputable labs in OKC, here are a couple good ones —

Highgrade Labs
405 Analytical

4 Likes

I used to work at Standard Testing and Engineering. You are right. There are lots of great labs in OK, just not doing cannabis.

3 Likes

TONS! Ana-Lab, right next door to Rhino Labs is incredible. Labs doing regulatory compliance are almost always on point, they’d do such a service to the cannabis industry if it was viable to their business model.

1 Like

Hard to get consistent results anywhere. Good way to test a lab is submit two samples of the exact same thing with different tags (or on different days). Variance on different flower samples is to be expected but if you’re getting significant variance on isolate or distillate from the same batch then I’d start asking questions or go to a new lab.

A lot of labs refuse to show the chromatogram which is a weird thing to hold back if they trust their results.

Testing flower or concentrates for terpenes at most labs is just pissing money away. They’re all blatantly testing for the wrong things to minimize turnover time.

3 Likes

no chromatogram upon request?

Last time you’re getting my money…

probably tell folks about your policy too.

5 Likes

Had weird results from ets/certus. Then they just went off a cliff during their transition to certus.

Now I’m at highgrade and so far so good.

3 Likes

I’m told the best bets are: rhino, 405, and high-grade. The rhino complaint is new

2 Likes

Any input on Abraxus in Broken Arrow? I was looking at a coa for a strain that they tested at 36% thca…seems too good to be true.

2 Likes

Never heard of them but we both understand testing in our state lol. If its not 10%+ on the side? I would extract it with confidence and remind fools they buying numbers with interest.

I got stuff near 110% TAC ready for stores all day.

If you don’t have shit above 100% …
It isn’t above 90% is the recognition from me.

Our crystalline products always fucking break testing companies. Repeat issue. Paying testing labs and seeing major variations doesn’t bode well for them.

1 Like

Kinda funny how KCA charges extra for the chromatograms now…

1 Like

they dont exist

I dont think a plant can get that high, even if it is 99.9%THC, 36% TAC is higher than Ive ever seen

2 Likes

Highgrade is the only lab I will use.

Other good contenders: Delta 9 Labs, Purelabs, Higher Testing

Highgrade consistently delivers 3-day turn around and their facility and equipment is fantastic. Their chemists are awesome people
Who are willing to discuss results with you and they have shared chromatographs at my request and gave me an in-depth tour of their facility.

Nothing beats in-house analytics for accuracy when it comes to potency because you can run the sample as many times as you want, but in terms of reliability and consistency these guys are my go to.

Edit: Highgrade also put my first cannabis-employer out of business—so I should be biased against them, but it’s quite the opposite.

6 Likes

Rhino been suckin

3 Likes

I have in-house GC testing,
and High Grade is who I trust for accurate results.

2 Likes

I have not had this experience with our labs. We also have an analytical chem major at our operation who routinely has to teach the labs how to do their jobs though, so the relationship and authority principle may be helping… lol

I will say that youre right about terps. And if you approach them about it they just speak in generalities about “dilution factors” assuming you dont understand and change it arbirtarily… Its a joke.

1 Like

We were using High grade but we also have been seeing major inconsistencies. We would get results 10 percentage points different for the same sample batches. We are going to try Abraxas. Has anyone used them before?