True Terpenes

If TT or anyone with a fresh unopened bottle of TT diluent, ill lab test as well out of my own pocket. My lab place purposely went out and bought mineral oil for a standard. At my dime naturally.

3 Likes

Youā€™re taking highly refined fractions of hash oil and adding back in artificial flavoring but thatā€™s not adulterated oil?

As far as I know ppl also use viscosity modifiers to turn wax and shatter into vapable product.

Just a bystanderā€™s perspective:

Whatā€™s the incentive for TT to mislead their customers here? Itā€™s never smart to potentially jeopardize the reputation and health of your whole company just to have really great margins on a single SKU.

@ExtractNinja I question your motivation. Why not quietly search for the truth? Why be loud and obnoxious and call out a company about something for which you still donā€™t have definitive evidence?

Iā€™m all for a logical and reasonable discussion to find truth but the drama is ridiculous. Looking forward to resolving this and moving forward :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Iā€™m also providing a 3rd party test sample - just figuring out the best way to go about it. I need to review this thread and the ICMag thread closely, as well as consult with some friends of mine locally regarding proper analytics.

Iā€™m quite unbiased on the matter - and wholeheartedly agree with this statement. That is all Iā€™m after. I donā€™t currently fill carts, sell carts, buy or sell Terpenes . . . I sure used to and sure will be again. Iā€™m just after some transparency here.

5 Likes

Iā€™m going with a deodorizer distillate of a plant oil (please be EV olive oil, yummy!). These can be rich in squalene and other terpenoids. Iā€™ve found blobane-like GC traces of deodorizer distillates that resemble the ones everyone is seeing.

So maybe they have some compound overlap with mineral oil, but it probably ainā€™t mineral oil. If this is correct then itā€™s from a natural source like they claim. You probably canā€™t patent a commercially available distillate.

The lack of smell of viscosity might shoot down my theory, but I guess one could further refine the distillate to get the viscosity right.

If itā€™s from vegetable oil, Iā€™m voting ā€œsafeā€!

I am leaning in this direction. I can tell you what itā€™s not. Itā€™s definitely not some mix of a few well chosen flavorless terpenes like the formula Floraplex posted. It seems to be some complex soup derived from an outside source.

If this were the case (and I do want third party confirmation!), then their early statement:

made from a blend of 100% organic terpenes. It does not contain PG, VG, PEG, MCT, Coconut oil, or any other non-terpene ingredients. No shenanigans, wordplay, marketing gimmicks, or Tom-foolery. Seriously, we only use terpenes.

was false, and they should be indeed guilty of false advertising. It is not even enough to find a terpene in this product; they made a very specific claim that there should not be one non-terpene ingredient in the whole bunch.

As far as safety, why do you think vaping vegetable oil is safe? If there was anything that causes lipid pneumonia, it seems like that would be it.

6 Likes

Thats it right there. C10 and c12 in mct make you feel like you are dying when vaped. Thats why when the customer demands dilution, I run c8. If you want to keep the viscosity, there is a cbd disty dealer here that does 4500 a kiloā€¦ I think his name is @cbdfarmer.

I chose to guess deodorizer distillate because of its availability and bell curve shape of its GC. It looks like a natural blend, not a deliberate mixing of individual terpenes/terpenoids.

I think the dose determines the poison. When you smoke flower you get plenty of yummy waxes and lipids. We can find the breakdown to check (thereā€™s gotta be some toxicology data on this). As I understand it, the viscosity is only used in small amounts (2-3%) to tone down the perfume-like smell of the raw terpenes they sell.

Recently bought your guys terpenes and also met a few of your guys at emerald cup.

Love your product and was just wondering what differentiates you guys from competitors like floraplex terpenes?

Their pricing is a bit cheaper and am wondering where to buy my next terpene load.

Thanks!

1 Like

@TrueTerpenes I hear you guys have vape carts coming soon?

1 Like

This is an utter shitshow.

Honestly, I really question why this product is GLG affiliated, OP being a child withstanding.

Dilutents in distillate pens are 100% unnecessary with the right hardware. Tacitly, Iā€™d say future supports adulterated pens by having an affiliate which supplies product to help cut your cannabinioids with noncannbinoids, and without and entourage effects provided by terpenes.

Whatā€™s next? Will they stock MSM and baby laxatives so I can cut my CBD and THCA isolates? Same thing, consider YOU DO NOT EVEN NEED TERPENES with the right hardware.

Itā€™s a lie sold to customers that they need this ā€œviscosityā€, and enables those that would dilute carts to 50% or more.

2 Likes

On another note, I keep getting True Terpene ads on my weather channel app lol

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been seeing nothing but true terpenes and floraplex adds on youtube videos since commenting in this thread.

1 Like

If you visited the sites thatā€™s probably what did it.

2 Likes

Soā€¦ itā€™s been a week. Do we have those independently sourced test results yet?

4 Likes

My Viscosity sample is still in the mail.

3 Likes

Any update if this is terpenes yet? I have seen a recent terpene lab test from SC labs which tests for around 30 terpenes and the results came back non detected for terpenes. Not sure if thatā€™s the proper way to try and find out if this is actually terpenes our not as I think they just test for the top 30+ terpenes that are in cannabis, but thatā€™s at least what I seen. Iā€™m curious like most on this site.

Just my 2 cents here but if you are sourcing terpenes from anywhere except the original source plant then you are going to catch some flak. I remember cannaroma was one of the first on the scene to offer non-native terpene blends and got a lot of negative reviews and feedback by people absolutely opposed to the idea without a hint of evidence or scientific facts to back them up. I donā€™t know much about this specific issue so Iā€™m not saying either party is wrong, but I think issues similar to these were bound to come happen at some point and it seems TT sort of fell into that trap without any thought to how they would defend their reputation.
On another point is that if you and your competitor are both producing distillate, and both buying TTā€™s products and adding them into your distillate then what is your unique selling point? Canā€™t you just buy the terpenes yourself and make your own custom blend? Why would you ever buy an off the shelf product like that?

4 Likes

I love the way you put this. (Btw great store. Iā€™m coming back next week). Generic botanical = non-unique generic oil products. Youā€™re all making Coca-cola and claiming youā€™re Pepsi if you use the same company.

Now if someoneā€™s oil tastes boofier than the rest, then itā€™s Shasta and you should step up your oil game or lower your price.

Whatā€™s nice is that there are many other botanical blend companies entering the market, so the diversity of the Soda pop oil flavors can diversify. Floraplex is a favorite here. I like Abstrax for their non-Cannabis flavors, and thereā€™s at least 10 other ā€œmajorā€ brands. I imagine the pipette jockeys can mix a ā€œunique ā€œ profile just for you. I can definitely see this model of differentiation working until some mega corporations decide to take over this market.

As for me, I donā€™t like Zima/Booneā€™s flavors, anymore, so Iā€™ll be one of those making wine.

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t been home much recently. My Viscosity sample arrived, and Iā€™ll get it out for testing on Monday.

2 Likes