True Terpenes New Viscosity?

@anon56994712 You also owe me a drink as I spit mine out halfway across the bar when I read this

6 Likes

First just start with a test like this:

Vacuum applied to top X vape pens (maybe 5).
-variables: ohms, Watts, vaporization temp, time atomizing / heating, terpene(s) used, carriers (PG, MCT, et al).
-apply vacuum to draw smoke into condenser (try to mimic conditions of lungs as much as possible - maybe do three test condition groups).
-test all compounds collected after vaporization.

That’s pretty basic and might work, might be total shit. Idk. I think if I spent more than 1 minute like just now designing parameters…would be at least decent enough for me to say “it’s probably a good/bad idea to do…”

Animal testing and all that ya…that’s for pharma and major fda approval. BUT, if you did get fda approved, you may be the only one with a OTC or prescription vape device: I bet GW Has some serious work already there

5 Likes

I get the technicalities of not being able to say you can vape it then why masquerade as this super safe company who cares about the community and it’s customers. It’s misleading because the average joe who goes to that website will be tricked into thinking it is safe. Again deception to make a dollar.

Maybe it’s time to take a step back and wait while the cdc does the research And finds out what’s killing people

What is this mixing calculator for and why is there a vape pen in the picture

11 Likes

Lmao I’d be willing to bet they forgot about that image.

4 Likes

From my understanding in talking to testing labs is the lung machines cigarette companies use to test are very expensive. I’m working on creating my own for much cheaper, but even then, it’s hard to mimic how someone actually uses a vape. Do I only test 10 second draws?

1 Like

@TrueTerpenes “We suggest possibly changing your formula to 4-5% viscosity and 9% terps, as well as following good capping procedures and making sure the carts don’t get too hot. We hope this helps!”

2 Likes

@DerekTTpdx could have easily said that he personally believes they are safe to vape, he could say that he vapes them and has ha no problems, he could have said anything like that, but to be honest, the shadiest part to me is the mineral oil still. How did they get fda accreditation with all the shadiness that is known about them. I’m not a rat, but someone should tell the fda about their tom foolery

3 Likes

how often do you take 10sec draws ?

Me? Never. But customers love to hit their blinkers.

Most batteries are set to 8 seconds, and I agree most people like taking it to the blinking point

1 Like

GrayWolf did. He submitted all of the evidence to the FDA who reviewed, investigated and found no signs of foul play…

1 Like

Link?

Don’t have one. Was basing that off

Which he and I spoke about doing after I opened the initial “official complaint” while I was at their “GMP Facility”.

Plus,
-Reports I’ve heard that they were investigated
-And the above press release where they claim to now have Iso, GMP, etc.

If a record of such things is kept and available to the public I bet its findable.

4 Likes

I’ll do it for you

1 Like

does this imply that maybe it isn’t mineral oil and it is actually some compound that’s technically some type of terpene or terpenoid?

1 Like

Don’t know. They refuse to tell me what the ingredients are on the original viscosity, even now that it’s off the shelf, and Gray Wolf’s tests don’t look anything like what they implied it was. They are hiding something, at best a trade secret, at worst something dangerous.

6 Likes

Thank you for that update. I am now thinking that their “not safe for vaping” quip might even be connected to this! If it was mineral oil, there is “food grade” approved by the FDA USP white mineral oil that is permitted for use in food with some restrictions, but obviously not for vaping. If they ever disclose to the public the ingredient (if it is indeed white mineral oil) the public would know they fucked them over, and if they admit publically it’s for vaping they could get their asses handed to them. That’s not just a fine at that point, that’s criminal negligence… Wow… The more I think about this the more sense it makes… Is this possible?

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=172.878

@anon56994712 @Jiggymatic @Demontrich

SY450

4 Likes

@spdking likes those fake terp margins :thinking:

7 Likes

Great first post!

6 Likes

Big question, did they test its safety or assume that you can throw any old cannabis terpene in and call it a day. Phytol, a non polar, aliphatic alcohol is always low in testing so when you add 50-250 times in a vape device who knows.

I hope the FDA can give us guidance on flavoring safety testing on vaping thickener cause the current situation is stupid: If I can prove it’s in cannabis then QED it’s safe to vape at levels one would use in viscosity.

But here’s my main thought: I don’t think the cannabis fake flavor industry got the message yet, can I get them to google a company called Juul? Their fake flavors are right out fucked. If you listen to their arguments to regulators, they are trying to hide behind fake candy tasting profiles. Pipette jockeys are on timeout.

These things should be jumped on like Juuls mint flavor. Because they can’t imitate cannabis they have designed these things to be artificially tasty which skews to young people.

Until regulators figure out whether they want slurpee flavors in cannabis, there is a viable replacement for fake profiles or viscosity, it’s called hemp essential oil. Not my favorite thing but it meets the intention of regulators to keep cannabis with natural cannabis flavor.

6 Likes