Trs21 vs cmep ol recovery speed

Sorry to keep bumping this, but I am still super interested in more details about what you’ve done to upgrade your pump. I’d PM you, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how. Maybe my account is too new? Anyhow, could you please hold my hand a little bit with these rebuild parts? For example, looking at something like the cmep master rebuild kit (I can’t link but found one at ecogreenindustries)…
Did you replace all four bearings with ceramic ones? Could you please shoot me an ebay link or two for the kind of thing I need? Similarly for the gaskets you mentioned replacing with silicon, the ‘top-end rebuild kits’ on the same site include a bunch of rings and gaskets. Could you specify which ones you replace?

Again, I would super appreciate some links and as much specific information as you’re willing to give. I see you’re in HumCo. I hope you are faring well through these fires. I’m on the coast up north, but have some friends who were displaced from Burnt Ranch.

Use the numbers on the bearings, they correspond to that size only. You’ll find alot of choices on ebay, for the gaskets just see what eco green calls them and google it. Some of the smaller parts you usually have to order such large amounts its not worth it. The biggest trick is when you take iff the compressor and take out the 4-6 bolts ( can’t remember how many), you then use those bolts to pop the cover plate off, them you’ll need an allen wrench cut down to be able to fit to loosen the nuts on the pistons.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like I can edit my post? Should I be looking for particular lubricants in those bearings? The ones I’ve put in my cart mostly say ‘lubricated with grease’. I’ve seen other discussions mentioning ptfe grease. Are you guys buying bearings with specific grease in them? Or are you opening them up and regreasing with something different? Is it ok to do that? Are bearings hard to open/reseal?

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: I’m still limping along with my pump, so I haven’t disassembled it yet to look at the part numbers and such. I was able to see the numbers on the picture of one of these rebuild kits, but only for the ‘crank bearings’. Taking that info to ebay, it looks like I want:

2pc 6908-2RS (40x62x12 mm) Hybrid CERAMIC Ball Bearing

6004-2RS (20x42x12 mm) Hybrid CERAMIC Ball Bearing

5203-2RS ZRO2 Ceramic Balls Nylon Cage Double Row Angular Contact Sealed 17x40x1

Does that scan to you? (pretty sure that last one is a misprint on the dimensions, should be 17x40x17.5)

As far as the gaskets, the only thing I can find them called is ‘white ptfe cylinder gaskets’. @Drink referred to ‘rebuild rubber gaskets’ that he replaced with silicon gasket maker. I just want to make sure that he was referring to the cylinder gaskets, and not the piston ring seals or something.

To sum up, it seems to me that I need to order:
-The bearing listed above
-some high heat silicon gasket maker
-a cmep-ol top end rebuild kit (for the shims and screws)
-maybe some loctite

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

1 Like

You can go on alibaba too and order directly from the manufacturer but like i said you might have to buy way kore than needed. If you can get the shims and the gaskets here it’ll probably be easier. Unless you have a bunch of cmepol’s and want to do constant rebuild’s. Id have to look at the ceramic ones description but im pretty sure that’s what ones i used last time.

1 Like

i have these parts in stock ready to ship…

2 Likes