Trs21 leaking

I guess the pressure in the collection pot is too high for the pump

If you’re running active then I say just keep you collection pot in the hot water make sure it has a vacuum, turn on the pump dump then use n2 to push the solvent out of the column, is will avoid the solution to super cool and cool down your steel which will increase recovery time

If butane was coming out of the bottom hole you have a leaky piston, has nothing to do with the pressure

Same thing was happening with a brand new pump. Except the new pump isn’t leaking

my pump was leaking heres how i fixed it for 10$ so first thing i did was took it apart and cleaned it with 70% rubbing alcohol, a rag using a metal mesh scrubber that you would use for dishes that i got from the dollar store, a very dull knife to wash of, or carefully scrap of any hard build ups that would not just wash off down to the inlet and outlet valves i also washed the pistons and all that but did not take them all the way apart this video is how i learned to take it apart helped alot trs21 pump rebuild tutorial on YouTube warning be sure to use a huge wide screw driver to carefully unscrew the brass inlet vlave and outlet valve plugs while puting down a good amount of pressure or you will strip them also make sure to sqeeze the larger piston ring as the vidoe shows to make them fit tight before puting the piston ring back on. so i did all that put it back together tested it by attaching out let valve to a pressure gadge making sure a reattached the two wire to the emergency presure shut off switch and turning on the pump tell it went over 550 psi and shut off then waited for presure to go down which it did then i also test it by hooking up a manifold with gaudges and pulling a vac on it seeing if it would hold vac it did not it was still leaking so i figured pistons looked pretty good no damage newish looking after good cleaning so i just ordered some of this high presure yellow ptfe tape for gas line i bet i bet most hardware stores have it to and i put alot of it all around top and bottom of the grey piston cylinders/houseing makeing sure not to get any on the inside of the cylinder while also making sure it wouldn’t squash inside of the cylinder I also put hey good amount of the PTFE gas tape where the inlet and outlet screws onto the machine and on the brass inlet and outlet valve plugs and carefully tightened it all up way tighter then i felt comfortable making sure not to strip anything intell the leak finally stopped 100% it will now hold a vac for days i spent a full 2 days trouble shooting this and finaly got it done maybe its worth a try for you guys even if you get a full rebuild kit which i thing is kind of the scam for this machine everybody has a gimmick these days to make money it could still leak from what im reading idk i hope this helped i got this unit for a steal 200$ cause it was leaking and now its fixed for maybe even better then new from what im readinf here hope it wasnt to long for you guys to read hope it helps.

2 Likes

Anyone ever tried the tr600?