Trippy Truffles

Anyone have any experience growing hallucinogenic truffles? Seems like everybody and their mother is starting a mushroom grow in their basement; but haven’t heard too much on truffles… I know for sure they grow at a lower temp as well as grow inside of the media instead of on top. Anyone doing any experimenting??

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s any advantage over growing the fruits, truffles were only a thing in Amsterdam after fruits were banned from my understanding

4 Likes

Sclerotia. You can’t just grow from spore with these: you have to find a stone (mycellial knot) that you like the size and effect of, and clone that for worthwhile results for growing. Best to use quart jars with sterilized rye grain or millet. P. Galindoi and Tampansis are the only two I’ve seen. Easiest to grow, kinda sucks to harvest. Grow times are extended to 3-6 months.

They are also usually half as potent, so you’d typically do 1.5-2x the standard psilocybin dosage.

3 Likes

I ate an oz of truffles, threw up 10 min later and had a great time

7 Likes

Yeah that extended grow time doesn’t sound too fun… Def seems like more chance for contamination.

2 Likes

They sit in the same jar and fruit inside. It’s nearly foolproof if you are using a laminar flow hood

1 Like

super easy to grow and incognito, i actually taste of them.

2 Likes

you are what you eat right?

5 Likes

dumb easy to inoculate 5lb bags sit for 3 months then harvest the truffles and use the spawn to grow fruits.

3 Likes