Trim to distillate rate to charge

Not sure exactly. I’ll be using supplies I already have readily available

Much appreciated!!

1 Like

You won’t need to buy solvent, dry ice, media, filters, vacuum pump oil, jars, containers, beer . . . ? Anything?

Just dry ice…and beer lol. Everything else I have plenty of already

Every municipality in the country is about to use up ALL of the dry ice to transport super-chilled vaccines. Watch yourself. That is a huge pitfall waiting for you if you don’t plan right.

2 Likes

@Sidco_Cat started this thread a while back. Arguments were presented as to why using mass is important. You can see I’ve felt strongly about this for a minute. Haha

3 Likes

Hey, that is still a good idea! I owe you a hug!

2 Likes

Dang COVID keeping us huggers from hugging people!

Virtual hugs coming your way! :hugs:

2 Likes

Hopefully that doesn’t cause a problem. Hopefully I can make enough to afford a cryo freezer by then :joy:

Buy it 12 weeks before you think you will need it.

2 Likes

I think this might be a issue for minimal areas. The rest is hyper inflation for value of product. I’ve been told there isn’t a dry ice shortage in effect bc dry ice is based on fuel production.

1 Like

You make a good point. I am just thinking about production capacity with a whole new market horning in on the commodity. I mean, remember when entire states would run out of turkey bags . . . supply chain issues are real, Bro.

2 Likes

I’m still getting it for .89/lb here in Selma OR

1 Like

@Sidco_Cat with the best advice as usual. Know how much it costs you to produce, then add your profit margin on top. If you already have your overhead costs calculated out, figure out how much of that labor/equipment/replenishables overhead cost will be dedicated to producing this oil for him. And figure out the opportunity cost of toll processing instead of producing your own product to sell yourself (unless this isn’t something you are already doing). Many people forget to account for the opportunity cost of running someone else’s material vs your own.

2 Likes

I was just talking to my supplier this afternoon and they said they haven’t run into any supply issues yet. When will this become a bigger problem?

You overestimate me. Who the heck knows? I would anticipate that by January we will know if this is a supply chain issue or not with some early hiccups. These gas companies make money buy having shit dialed in to the nth degree. There is very little slop in their capacity. When cryo therapy became a thing, LN2 shortages were serious in industry for a minute. Little things have rippling consequences. Another consideration is the permanence of the demand. If this will be a forever thing, gas companies will start ramping up and increasing capacity for a long haul. If not, they will just let demand drive up prices and come customers will go without. Large municipalities will need walls of cryo freezers in place. Expect lead times to get long.

2 Likes

Selma! Some of my most favorite people extract there! I have been in a sweet lab where you could eat off the floor. The generator on the flatbed outside was noisy and the extracts were LOUDER!

1 Like

How cheap is disty there?

My lab in a shipping container is far from that!! :joy: Maybe one day

1 Like

I’m not sure. I’ve been outta the game for a bit with a real job but the pandemic shut that down. Just got back up and running. I’m a bit outta the loop