Tricks of the trade

pH up is just diluted John or naphtha
I typed KOH and NaOH, that’s what autocorrect thought I said
Anyways, it’s basic and not acidic, and the caustic nature of those substances is what dissolves shit like grease in drains, or freebase alkaloids, etc

This is a trick while you’re still growing
Bentonite clay is slam full of minerals and shit
Minerals and microbes are what makes good weed, as you have to have everything in sufficient amounts, and lacking one mineral can make a lot of difference
Gypsum for the calcium and the sulfur
Sulfur is key in terpene production
Glacial rock dust and bentonite for the minerals

8 Likes

Curious if adding spent media to a soil mix would have added benefits like the silica and bentonite, or if the oils would fuck with soil life like they can when making kombucha

The leeched compounds would definitely help your soil

3 Likes

THCA synthase is expressed in the glandular trichomes of Cannabis sativa . THCA synthase may contribute to the self-defense of Cannabis plants by producing THCA and hydrogen peroxide, which are both cytotoxic. Because these products are toxic to the plant, THCA synthase is secreted into the trichome storage cavity.[7] THCA also acts as a necrosis-inducing factor by opening mitochondrial permeability transition pores, inhibiting mitochondrial viability and resulting in senescence in leaf tissues.[8]
Hmmm, would it increase THCA production, since there would be THCA synthase in the media, or would it be bad?
I’ll let ya know when I transplant

3 Likes

Quality fucking content right here

3 Likes

Ive been playing with sbe. It definitely helps. I noticed my plants grew bigger and healthier for sure as well as the surrounding greenery. If you just google it theres a bunch of rnd done already on sbe that explains the science behind it

8 Likes

I love you

1 Like

What clamps would be used with this?

1 Like

You can use regular column hangers, you just need to pass the appropriate bolt through for them. If you need cross supports to mount more equipment they sell ones made for the racks or you can just throw up some sections of unistrut.

1 Like

So I rock the tampon tek for my 3" CRC. I roll it up, depth filter style, and it’s about 2" thick. The flow is slowish.

I’m upgrading to bigger shit. 6" CRC. But I’m a cheap fucker. No sintered disc. Instead, I machined fatty rings, that allow a 25um felt on top of a 1um felt. Held in tight. I can barely get it out with my machinist nub fingers…perfect.

Flat felt…I’ll probably have to throttle my CRC itll be flowing so fast.

Made from 304 stainless.

22 Likes

I’ll take some custom rings next time you’re making shit. 6” specifically

5 Likes

I’ll make them tomorrow. Material is still chucked up in the old engine lathe. You want them to fit the flat felt doubled up like these?

I have a triple felt option too so can stack 25um, 5um, 1um. I can make them to hold filter paper too

6 Likes

Nice rings man! Welcome to the felt disc club lol. They’re almost a consumable when you’re using a single sheet.

I’m still rocking a 1.5 crc so a sheet is like an indefinite amount for me.

You should size em out for 3" and above and sell em!

4 Likes

now this I like…getting quote from my.lcoal metal shop to build me stand as of late bc the old bitxh is gsttin to tall and heavy lmao

thanks to @Soxhlet I have some great blueprints to start w :green_heart::facepunch:

4 Likes

You can always build a stand with slot aluminum too. It’s some pretty neat stuff.

10 Likes

I need them to be able to fit paper. Thanks bro!

1 Like

ppl complain about the last couple lbs solvent beimg the slowest to recover.

well close ur valve, let the tank temp drop to under ur solvent gas temp to liquid. say for a blend is -40f.

then vent off the headspace psi( of ur solvent tank, probably only works w coils or coolimg tank directly) then open back up to continue to recover as normal. itll boil fast again like when u started

only do if u can vent properly and safely

2 Likes

I’ll be dead honest I recover with a vapor port open on my solvent tank to let any residual pressure out and to not fuck up my recovery speed. I still pull vacuum on it initially, but once the pressure hits 0 I open it up. This is only really doable if your using ntane (higher boiling point), you’re recovering cold and fast enough, or if your tank is on dry ice.

Once the tank has nitrogen in it and you begin to recover again the nitrogen begins to compress. Although it’s a small amount of back pressure it’s substantial when vapor pressure isn’t there from the collection vessel to move that shit in.

I’m also recovering simultaneously upon injection by having a second solvent tank. That trick alone helped me increase throughput volume by almost double. Yesterday I ran 26lbs through my bastardized 5lb oss system in a 9hr period

Edit mayhem

6 Likes

It’s true. He open vents. I dont open vent. But I vent to just above atmospheric pressure very regularly throughout the recovery. The solvent tank will build slight pressure.

If I want to rip, I’ll valve off the solvent tank(n butane) and pull a vacuum over it to about 15-20hg and open the valve to resume recovery. Doing this a few times will quickly purge the nitrogen from the system and when you can recover under vacuum you can really rip.

When I’m pulling a vacuum over the n tane, the n tane is cold, so there ismt much butane vapor present to be pumped out.

7 Likes