Tricks of the trade

Chiller died for a week I got a email that I used 90,000 gallons in a week. But still had ac!

3 Likes

I couldnt figure out to edit my above fishing string trick.

Heres the amended version.

Small light weight fishing string is NOT gonna work. I used 12lb test this run and it worked much much faster.

I also did this on cold distillate as I filled up 50 before capping the plunger.

IF your still having issues putting the plunger in, you can always use 2 pieces of monofilament (fishing string). I ended up trying this on the last 5 I had to put the plunger in.

I filled and put the plunger in 50 in 1hr or less. This was refilling my container 2x, waiting for my double boiler to get distillate to working temp, drawing up 1ml and filling each one individually.

10 Likes

Nice trick!

Ive thought it would be cool to see someone modify the cart farmer filler with a luer to luer connection.

3 Likes

@qma

Might as well summon him in and ask.

I was thinking of a leur lock dispensing tip, and maybe a regular mouth ball jar for the container. Screw a mason jar to the cart farmer, BAM!
Ermeryl Legosi says it best.

The above saved me a lot of time. So much, I can probably knock 2.50 off each dart not. Now I said “can”, not saying I will.
Lol

6 Likes

Just need a luer to luer adapter! Super common! Stainless Steel Luer Accessories - Cart Farm

5 Likes

came across this monstrosity :smiley: Best way to fill 1000+ 1 ml luer lock Syringes with raw distillate - #4 by Soxhlet

3 Likes

I sell Stainless Steel luer couplings cheaper

7 Likes

We made that adapter out of necessity, we switched to the ss one shortly after.

4 Likes

very cool, thanks for this tip! Will save a lot of time compared to running TLC (I use 20% diethyl ether 80% hexane then stain with anisaldehyde or Fast Blue)

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Yield in 3” vs 6” columns?

This can cause gasket slip, we are investigating operating conditions for gaskets currently.In our tests the gaskets seem to fail at lower pressures.

3 Likes

agree 1000000% I had to push this safety concern for almost a year before someone agreed that you shouldn’t be extracting (especially) commercially, alone. I was in this sitch for a hot minute and it was giving me so much anxiety thinking about the what ifs and could be’s. Having someone that can pick up and know where you left off takes away a lot of the worry of accidents. You can only run as fast as the slowest person.

4 Likes

Did you ever race with eric filley or ken pliska?

How old are they now? I was born in 82

1 Like

For people mixing distillate with terps for carts.

Place your vape mix into a sealed vessel (Mason Jar) so that you don’t lose terps when heating and you can place said vessel in a hot water bath in order to get a more even heating of your entire formulation.

While mixing make sure to scrape the walls and base of your vessel because distillate will stay stuck there. If you’re having issues telling if you’re done mixing get a flashlight and place it at the back of your mixing vessel. This will allow you to see any “swirls” where the terps and distillate are not completely homogenized.

Edit: This was assuming you already mixed initially and the solution was cooling down.

5 Likes

HEATING UNMIXED TERPS IS TERRIBLE ADVICE

Microwaves exist for a reason

You’re saying microwaving your solution won’t cause the terps to evaporate?

You dont microwave the terps woe. You microwave the distillate slightly past your mix temp, dump the terps, and homogenize.

6 Likes

Oh, I just heat the disty in a hot water bath, add terps and then mix. I feel like that much more controllable and even heating. Using a temperature probe in your water of course.

3 Likes

Seems like wrapping your sealed jar in temp controlled wrapping would be the best way to go.
Combine that with a hotplate and you would have pretty consistent heating.

1 Like