Tricks of the trade

I know it’s old school but I’ve been doing this for a while. Dugouts suck, and I always want them to be awesome.

Flair the tip of your one hitter with needle nose pliers. Notch the edge of dugout to fit a paperclip poker. Fill with scissor hash. Walk to nearest flowing body of water.

Its a no-fi trick compared to all yall magicians, and a one hitter of scissor hash might make some of you cringe, and I guess I’ll think about that while I wander.

8 Likes

These have worked great for freeing diamonds from jars since I broke my plastic handled Amazon spatula.

3 Likes

Mmmm harbor freight

2 Likes

Hobby lobby for this particular set. :+1:

2 Likes

I get pretty much the same sets from harbor freight

2 Likes

not as bomb proof as the ones @TwistedStill makes…

see: Source for Whipping Utensils - #25 by TwistedStill

4 Likes

in the lab.
For @Killa12345 v2 4" sintered disks.
Use the lid of a wide mouth mason jar to cut the circle. Use the round part of the lid to cut into the SS (100 micron or less) mesh at an angle, like the picture shown, its like a 0.5mm smaller than the actual mason jar lid but when cut an angle its perfect
It perfectly fits inside the middle of the retaining ring.

This is simply to keep celite and debri from settling into the woven mesh of the sintered disk.
When cleaning, just knock it out and dunk the screen in a solvent bath a couple of times usually cleans it instantly. I make 3x as many as i need and usually have the other two in between my old SS rosin plates (heavy as fuck) to keep them flat.
Flip the sintered upside down and fill to the brim with solvent over a rag or towel. That will get any junk that might have made it thru. But honestly 99% of it falls out when the SS screen falls out

12 Likes

Get every single fucking thing someone promises you in writing.

Take that writing to an attorney to make it a legally binding contract

Make said promiser sign that shit in front of a notary.

Oh and using 30% propane 70% butane during hydrocarbon extraction is the sweet spot.

15 Likes
3 Likes

easy way to remove biomass from c02 extractor.

2 Likes

So I’ve just finished up trimming some gassy flower. I was trimming in the sealed grow room, and hanging the flower in the room once trimmed. Did the bulk of it last night. Got up at 4am to finish before going to the day job. I got most of it done…before becoming really nauseous, and then gagging outside.

The terpenes were fucking thick in the air…and literally made me sick.

Is this a thing or is my stomach just a bitch?

Looks like I’ll need some vapor filters for my respirator?

6 Likes

U need fresh air too working in a sealed room with plants respirating in it. Take breaks or let the room breathe while your working.

6 Likes

Could be a wide variety of things triggering your nausea. Mold and mildew are in grow rooms even if you can’t see them. Could be in your split ac system blowing on you.

Could be something not related to the cannabis or the grow as well.

4 Likes

Run the carbon scrubber in the work room. This should help.

6 Likes

I should have a carbon filter operating, but I am moving after this round and had the fan down as it wasn’t necessary.

@The_Lone_Stiller I’ll probably run a temp 4" duct in the room for fresh air. Should help the problem…

4 Likes

Sounds like one of them good problems, @TwistedStill. :sunglasses: " my room is soooooo stank I vomit"
I do not think you are a bitch. Unless you do nothing about it and complain about it.
Was there any vertigo symptoms?
I get vertigo and nausea from co, co2 exposure.

5 Likes

Co2 had been off for 2 days. 300-400ppm. No vertigo.

Its definitely not a problem I’m complaining about. I was just wondering if others had experienced this. I haven’t grown any of these strains before, and was very surprised at 530 am to be in a terpene induced gaging fit…

I don’t know if I’m doing something right or wrong, but I’m about to find out when I move to the new location. Switching lights and propagating methods.

5 Likes

Didn’t think about too much c02. Very dizzy and nausea inducing.

Even at osha approved 1500 I’ve seen some folks not feel well.

2 Likes

@TwistedStill my friend had the same thing happen to him when trimming some of the flowers the other day so its not the first time I’ve heard of it

3 Likes

Glad you are well. Sounds like your flowers just dank.

I have never experience nausea like you described but certainly typical allergic reaction to different strains, only at harvest too(not later durring proccessing of the same strain).

Maybe there are some terps that function like capsicum in peppers?

3 Likes