Tricks of the trade

Do people still use e-bay frequently? When they got overrun with scams and knock offs I bailed, haven’t used the site in probably 10 years.

1 Like

When I first started experimenting with powders is carbon in the scam thread I was filtering it with an inline strainer from glacier tanks with a 5 micron custom made stainless steel basket from Utah bio Diesel and 1um filter sock clamped to the out side of the strainer insert never have I bought a sintered disk to filter with and never had media pass through!

3 Likes

I use ebay pretty often still.

4 Likes

I’ve never got scammed on ebay

4 Likes

Quick and easy question I haven’t seen answerd. What do you folks use to pull your samples for test? Both oil and flower. I’m assuming some kind of syringe for oil.

dab tool?

or were you not referring to Organoleptics: In House QC?

2 Likes

I got bored today and made two dab tools out of 1/4" 304 rod. Cold worked and polished. Long enough to reach the bottom of a jar even with machinist nub fingers like mine.

I also configured a new vac oven light that doubles as a collection light while bored…fully adjustable lol. I can’t be left alone for long…

16 Likes

Terpshine is the best glassware cleaning thing in this universe.

5 Likes

I posted this in another thread, but @Unicorn_Theory1 mentioned it could go here, so here it is!

Also, here is where I got the idea from, always want the give credit when it’s due.

1 Like

I had experimented with the base bath using lye and isopropyl, but the lye crystals wouldnt dissolve fully. This did the trick and it’s amazing how clean everything comes out. Thank you!

3 Likes

@Roguelab asked me to add this one

1 Like

Sweeeeet have a bottle of ph up that would take forever to actually use for my grow

2 Likes

Did these work, i just asked if they can make 4x60 ones so i dont have to deal with the socks. Also heres a good trick to add to this thread

6 Likes

What am i looking at? Tank connect for people that dont have a fitting?

5 Likes

Ya, always nice to have options

1 Like

Are those kf25? 2 kf25 fittings would work aswell

No kf25, ordered another 510 and was sent a 555 instead. You can also add a small column and clean your gas once before even distilling it

1 Like

Never ended up trying it, someone said they have trouble sealing so I held off

Ya i dont want the gasket ones, just a drop in basket like the bigfoot table series used back in the day.

Precision makes some. Last I asked they wouldn’t sell me any

1 Like