Tricks of the trade

I highly recommend @TwistedStill tools. Especially in/for that new lab, would be right at home…

They are a step above the rest.

2 Likes

That is something worth knowing. Good on you.

I’d hate to see some janky chrome plated screwdriver potentially have chrome flaking off into the oil.

8 Likes

lol definitely knew they weren’t chrome plated. Never would have used it if so

2 Likes

That is not always how it happens

Sometimes the chrome plating violently detaches from the screwdriver due to differences in thermal coefficient.

I only use good dab tools now

2 Likes

It puts the fan where the vapors are released in the space…

19 Likes

not just any-old fan either!
nice work!!

@Graywolf has booth design(s) he has shared too: Extraction booth ventilation system design

6 Likes

So its actually got vapor proof switches. A power switch, and a toggle between “on” and a cycle timer that kicks on for 30 seconds every 15 minutes currently. It will ensure a safe work space…safety built in to the system.

Switches

Cycle timer

16 Likes

You should sell these as a kit

8 Likes

Guess who’s going to be installing mine? :crazy_face: :rofl:

6 Likes

now just needs a “huff gas? Panic!” circuit.

or a bigger fan and a big red “DON’T Panic” button :wink:

(mine turns the lights out when the booth hits 100% LEL…NO, you can’t just hit “silence” and keep working…)

5 Likes

At the beginning I was saying that I’m standing in a positive down draft room, with a floor vent on each side of the collection and there is another in the back corner of the room.

12 Likes

All electrical is outside the building, main kill switch when you walk outside. Not a single plug or unsealed light fixture inside, all pumps/chillers hard wired.

16 Likes

I like the main kill switch outside the building.

Hardwiring everything is the way.

4 Likes

let’s be honest if i ever really need the kill switch im probably fucked anyway, but peace of mind is priceless

7 Likes

There’s nothing that makes me feel like all is well in the world as much as nicely spaced conduit, well done sir

5 Likes

A couple of tricks. You can add an air purge kit to turn a standard control panel into a NEMA 7 or 9 explosion proof.

An electrical inspector confided in me that they first look to see how neat and professional the job looks before deciding how deeply to inspect the details.

12 Likes

This is what we call “the dog and pony show”. That and always leave obvious mistake that can be easily fixed while the inspector is still on site. Lots of inspectors don’t feel right telling you your work is impeccable, so if something is left undone that they can pick out it keeps them from digging until they find something else (which, if your work is impeccable will probably not even be a real mistake).

14 Likes

Very good adhesive that is heat resistant
For labglasswear fixes

6 Likes

I have a broken sovereignty bong. can it fix it?

Sure but the gleu is white but will hold till 1000C

1 Like