Tri-clamp Fittings Ultimate Vacuum Rating | Open-Source Shortpath

Pretty much all I’ve talked to from petrol to volatility especially on the booking flask to head for instance. The risk to injury is super high. I missed have had accidents with metal/glass connections and have even had boiling flask pop so that’s why you’re supposed to use ptfe on those hot ass connections on flasks.

Oh yeah he used to work for me and when I was at a show he stole them…wes is all on heroin too last I heard. I think some of those are okay when far away from heat, but personally I don’t want bellows to a trap. But thanks for letting me know you are in possession of my stolen property.

Lmao if u want it u can have it bro. It’s in bubble wrap somewhere

Besides he showed me the catalog where u buy them so how is it stolen? As far as he told me he ordered it through the catalog so no need to get hostile. With some legal recourse Jesus fucking christ

4 Likes

Nah, that’s old news. It’s still stolen amigo. Just saying. He stole it from our shop while I was at a show.

There’s no “catalog” where I buy them. I was the original manufacturer of monocows. They never existed before me. He prob showed you some bunk Alibaba listing to justify his conduct. We haven’t made a mono cow in about half a decade prob.

I recorded him while he stood and admitted everything to me. We busted him moving the stolen goods out of Levi’s old storage when he was trying to skip town. I only got some of it back…he hid the rest.

You’re a fucking goof…

4 Likes

He literally showed me a thick ass catalog of glass and glass to metal shit made by a company that does glass to metal for NASA. But hey I forgot what the company was so ill probably never find it

1 Like

It was nunn glass. That’s who the police contacted when they were looking for wes. And no. That wasn’t in it. I have the whole thing saved and stuff…wes stole the glass and went there and had him install in on cows and traps. He stole alot of glass. Nunn almost got busted for the fact that wes took it out of his shop and it wasn’t there in his possession.

Damn crazy well if u want it I’ll bring it and you guys can repair my vaccubrand pump. No need to call the cops on me bro

5 Likes

Sweet thx, ill be sure to get my glass from him next time I need some

1 Like

It’s old news. Not to worry. As for the pump that’s not a problem I can bring it to factory spec.

Sweet I think I just need a new capacitor or some shit. Thx

Yeah no shit, because steel conducts heat a hell of a lot better than glass. With some simple insulation this becomes a non issue and a benefit.

1 Like

It still sucks heat out. Glass is cool bc it doesn’t allow itself to shed heat from the core. Also super easy to clean.

It wouldn’t be hard to stop heat from creeping up the rest of the system from the boiling flask.

1 Like

Well you want heat to evenly rise up and have a gradient. The gradient should be slight at best. With stainless the cores will emit heat much more agressive outward and that makes the core gradient unstable. I’m sure with enough wrapping it can be handled but once those speed slow down it’s still going to be harder to keep heat in. I’ve seen some setups with oil jackets just to maintain stainless temps.

This wouldn’t be any harder to achieve with stainless…

1 Like

Yes it’s actually a bit harder with stainless vs glass. Glass and metals have different thermal dynamic characteristics. Different materials will harness, hold in heat, and or emit heat differently. A really good example is at high temps (above 90-110c) silvered heads kick off a incredible amount of heat off of them as heat sinks bc the silver or aluminized silver from nitrate chemical application that is applied to the glass both changes the glass heat emission and causes thermal electron emissions.

I’ve heard rumors that those temps are even lower and the point where metallic parts and or coating begin to encourage heat emission is about 60-70 or so Celsius maybe a bit more than that where this begins to occur. So room temp(warm room) 21-26c with a 100c material head temps/vapor even the effect is occuring.

I’m glad you can grasp this concept.

Can you explain what you’re trying to refer to because it’s not clear at all. Probably by design.

1 Like

I meant like silvered heads for instance. With silver or silver alloy

I know what silvered heads are and what the benefits of them are. I’m talking about your specific gripe with stainless and how it can’t be solved with insulation.

2 Likes