Tri-Clamp Column Rack?

That’s going to be close…

Let me check. It will be like 30 minutes, I’m making dinner lol

1 Like

thanks buddy

also does the hanger have male or female npt?

male right?

Male npt

1 Like

try these guys
https://www.amazon.com/Dixon-B24RG-G-Stainless-Sanitary-Grommets/dp/B00BG1QE3E

2 Likes

I’m looking at these
https://www.racksolutions.com/2-post-telco-rack.html

2 Likes

They’ll definitely do the job. You can find network data racks on casters as well.

1 Like

I knew I stole that idea from someone. Thanks for the reminder🙏🏻

4 Likes

What about using one of these? 200lb max capacity standing, 150lb in motion capacity…

1 Like

Wheels look way to close together so it would be tippy. I used wood and mine has shelfs and on heavy caster wheels. Yes I know wood is frowned upon but it works awesome for me. Easy to change things too.

4 Likes

We built our own using 1 1/2" 304SS square tubing, but I saw a slick set up using a speed rack, with the columns mounted on beams set at the proper height and a raised walkway behind them for servicing and ancillary equipment.

1 Like

I have a wood rack too, I definitely agree it’s not what ‘should’ be used, but it works just fine and isn’t dangerous on its own.

It takes a lot of heat and flames to make a 2x catch fire.

3 Likes

Does wood produce static? That’s my only worry about going that route.

Apparently it’s almost neutral, but not quite.

3 Likes

so long as your wooks don’t rub themselves against it too aggressively you’ll be fine:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

7 Likes

This is why we don’t allow cats in the lab. Wookies rubbing on them and then discharging all over the place. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have some blue prints for great rack just don’t tell the metal shop what if for… was made by very smart man here

to make it bigger extend legs and add support there and extend length

1 Like

Had a buddy suggest using a engine jack stand as a possible rack solution for a collection vessel. Most of them are below $100 have casters standard and hold a half a ton or so comfortably.

As far as the material columns as long as you have the mounting clamps you can put them anywhere with some strut bar and any load bearing structure.

Somewhere out there a wook has a 6"x48" mounted to a tree :joy:

3 Likes

Unistruts and some pipe clamps (ideally wrapped in some rubber) does the trick and gives you a very solid mourning point as long as you anchor the unistruts to the wall properly.

10 Likes

Pro tip for using unistrut with tubing since most strut hangers are sized for pipe rather than tube: a short piece of the low profile unistrut run perpendicular to the strut makes a good cradle/spacer for most sizes. I’ll snap a picture to demonstrate this when I’m back in the lab

9 Likes

explanation was perfect! i bent my hangers in a vice to get a tighter fit but i wish i knew that trick!

4 Likes