Too cold?

I use dry ice.

2 Likes

Regular freezer. All my columns won’t fit in the -80 freezer

What I’ve seen is that people pack their freezers too full and then not everything gets to fully freeze.

3 Likes

That, too. The edges of the freezer will freeze first. And then not having air circulation around the contents of the freezer, the biomass in the middle will actually begin to warm up and ferment before it starts to freeze. And that’s why everyone has trash live resin.

2 Likes

Fresh out of a -86c freezer. That’s what the inside looked like before I started vac sealing. I def don’t want all that frost inside my columns. All I run is fresh frozen.

2 Likes

This explains why you haven’t seen the frost inside your tube.

1 Like

I bag 500g each and after each bag is full, I put it in the freezer. My last run was only 7500g wet so I am prolly running allot smaller runs than you guys. I am the grower and extractor though so much easier as my freezer is close to my grow.

2 Likes

Well material columns don’t need to be that cold. Regular freezer temps are fine. The colder and faster you can get your material though is another story

1 Like

Yeah the inside of my columns look similar but there’s not a layer.

This is a day worth of runs for me and can’t fit all these in the -80 freezer

6 Likes

Once it’s flash frozen, as long as it stays frozen, and doesn’t melt you’re fine.

Are you able to fit any of them in the -80

1 Like

Yeah I probably could but I need to remove a bunch of shelves to do so. It’s a stand up one image|375x500

You need the horizontal version you can stack bodies in bro🤙

5 Likes

Haha that’s what I got for the columns, but it’s just a regular freezer. I swooped that one on craigslist for a great price. Those things new or expensive as hell

4 Likes

You could keep them cold in the regular freezer and have a couple or few in the -80 before you run them. If you can fit three in there, it’d probably be two or three hours +/- to cool down. Which would be enough to at least get it close. Let alone the first ones that you leave in there overnight.

1 Like

I’m just gonna use the -80 for material I don’t think the columns really need to be that cold. Packing and storing them in a regular freezer is fine they’re getting showered with a -50 butane anyways. Besides I’d have to run columns across my yard from the garage to the shop and rather not do that haha

4 Likes

I ran bunch weight outta freezer like this went to -80 just opening the door it’d warm up some. We’d pack 6" wide socks 36" long and stuff them on the top shelf a lil bent …then on the bottom we house our ethanol,(which it held a ton) for the run. Running passively w no chillers

2 Likes

Only negative about running super flipping balls cold…u gotta either run ton extra gas it seems on a hot pack, or let it soak some or something. It just takes a lil longer to dissolve everything

1 Like