Tolling Rates in Canada

What is the current going toll rate in Canada (by province?).
Is it more common to charge per pound biomass or do a split with the grower?

Tell us more about your machine and process first!!!

3 Likes

Are you selling or trying to get biomass processed?

Sounds like you’re just getting into this

1 Like

Curious on the typical rates to get biomass processed.
thx

We’ve spent the last 3 years developing this technology so it can be applied in the cannabis/hemp markets. So, yes…new to this but bringing a very exciting solution to a common problem.

What’s the common problem?

2 Likes

It ranges from 20 cents per gram to 1.5 dollars per gram input . Low would be ethanol, high would be butane and co2 in the middle. Are you an LP in Canada?

2 Likes

making solventless extraction a viable, scalable process.

We are partners with a few LPs in Alberta currently for our brand, and we are looking for others that have the same vision (actually bringing good products to market). We are stock piling all our trim (and evenually all small buds) for solventless extraction.

Hit me up! and lets see what can work :slight_smile:

If you need any material processed I can run co2, ethonal or hydrocarbon Dm if interested.

I haven’t heard of anyone in the legal market charging as low as $0.20 per gram of input, even for high volume ethanol extractions. Around twice that seems to be the going rate in the LP market for large volume contracts.

Greenleaf extractions, nextleaf etc. What is your take on hydrocarbon and ethanol tolling rates?

They’re extortionate, generally.

1 Like

I agree, but 0.20 is not that far out either. Prices are crashing like crazy.

1 Like

Just wait, the game hasn’t even really started yet.

This is a commodities market. If you’re not the biggest, most efficient, lowest cost producer - or a really really fuckin skilled artisan - you’re gonna get crushed. Especially in national and international regulated markets.

Anyone who can’t survive single digit dollar per kg tolling rates should be taking a long hard look at their long term plan.

3 Likes

Wait till the Heptane and Hexane guys hit the market, extraction only focused LP’s are going to sweat a lot. Do you forsee any stiff competition like ethanol vs HC in the future? what according to you is canada tolling?

1 Like

My crystal ball is pretty cloudy these days.

All I know for sure is that anyone who is relying on CO2 for primary extraction of cannabinoids is likely going to want to eat the business end of a shotgun if they don’t already.

I don’t see CO2 having a big place in the market in 5 years except as a niche marketing angle.

Ethanol can be reasonably efficient, but has some disadvantages when compared to liquid alkanes at scale.

If I had large amounts of dollars to spend, I’d be putting them all on liquid alkane extraction.

Oh wait, I am.

5 Likes

That is a sound strategy. How about grounding and safety, permits etc, how are they with alkanes. I forsee CRN and UL certification to be a major hurdle. Wholesale concentrate is going to be taken over by Alkanes and live honey oil would be advantageous. How is your experience with Alkanes at scale, terpene preservation? Hexane is not allowed according to Health Canada right?

but ts solventless? JK I smoke flower.