Toll processing finders fee

I’ve got this guy who is a licensed hemp seed dealer in the state and we’ve been talking for a while about extraction. He’s working with 4 farmers who have a total of 80 acres. The farmers and I have agreed to do split tolling 50/50. I’m offering him 6% of my half as a finders fee, Do you guys think that is too low/high of a number just for bringing me clientele?

1 Like

If the tolling is profitable then it would seem fair. I might counter with having the farmer split the finders fee also. On a side note, I encourage you to pencil your costs before agreeing to a deal. Let’s assume the following:
avg. cost of biomass .50 pp, 10% CBD material. ~$5.00 per pound.
The real question you should ask yourself; can I toll process biomass at a cost of $5.00 per pound, then pay a 6% commission on 50% of the output and do I have a sales channel for my portion of the finished product? I encourage you to first, get out that pencil. :v:t2:

I’ve had my pencil out, but my eraser is worn down because every week the price goes down! Nonetheless, thanks for the advice. I hadn’t thought about having the farmer split the finders fee. That’s an idea. I was kind of just gauging whether or not people here had any experience with finders fees related to tolling.