TL3 Thread Title Editing

Yes. But as the forum has grown over time, those FAO seem a little out of place now…

I said I agreed

Why should you be able to edit a post title that you didn’t create?

What does that do positively for the forum ?

3 Likes

What if the person made a title with his phone number trying to sell d9 liters??

1 Like

I haven’t seen any threads like that get edited - it’s mostly used immaturely from what I’ve seen

It should be limited to level 4’s and the author. I’ve never really seen the need to edit anyone else’s title. I think I’ve done it a handful of times, but it’s not something I prefer to do if it’s someone else’s

1 Like

That’s a prime example for my argument above

2 Likes

Don’t count. @TennesseeJed hasn’t seen them threads.

1 Like

:+1: limit starting new threads to new users

Pretty simple

Perhaps an answer to this is that level 3’s can move it to the echo chamber until it can be dealt with.

1 Like

I’ve fixed tons typos and wrong word choices

1 Like

I remember when it didn’t

I agree without all the clowning things would be better

I was number 1 anti spoon feeding jokes…its was funny at first then got old quick bc the main members that were here month 1 when I joined were so very helpful.

They all run side businesses now associated with this site!

4 Likes

Bet you need to try a different search engine and not have your history attached to your browser

Duckduckgo is a great alternative to Google if you stop letting Google in

3 Likes

Yeah now u can mention something around ur phone and get an ad for it

1 Like

you just have to think it. I bought some blu bunny ice cream for the first time like 2 weeks ago.

now I got adds on my phone. I never even searched for it before I bought it

3 Likes

Totally true. Scary really.

Over here got told about my buddy being Jewish.

Now my ads think I’m Jewish ready to spread my 20k seeds

Now I’m like wtf

So much for having baller 5k cuts huh?

4 Likes

They pay attention to who you’re around, not what you’re saying. You were around someone who’s phone knows they are Jewish. Now your phone thought the same because you were in their company. All the other algorithms that place ads in your browser or timeline feed, them being accurate is just how predictable human is. Now what about all the ads that have nothing to do with you? That’s the ones that don’t apply to you, but others that fall into the same algorithm, it will.

5 Likes

There you go thats all I was asking…we all get it now

:green_heart::facepunch:

This is the answer

I started getting ads for ethanol unitanks and Permacool chillers after I joined my company. They know my phone comes into contact with x y and z phones, and you know my boss was already getting those ads, so I started getting served the ads too.

Combine that with already getting served extraction ads in the past, and it was quick for the “algorithm” to decide that serving me ethanol storage tanks made sense.

I thought it was pretty hard to believe it wasn’t already a rule/guideline.

That said I was also too lazy to look myself. lol lol, respect dude. :facepunch:

1 Like