TL3 Thread Title Editing

Totally true. Scary really.

Over here got told about my buddy being Jewish.

Now my ads think I’m Jewish ready to spread my 20k seeds

Now I’m like wtf

So much for having baller 5k cuts huh?

4 Likes

They pay attention to who you’re around, not what you’re saying. You were around someone who’s phone knows they are Jewish. Now your phone thought the same because you were in their company. All the other algorithms that place ads in your browser or timeline feed, them being accurate is just how predictable human is. Now what about all the ads that have nothing to do with you? That’s the ones that don’t apply to you, but others that fall into the same algorithm, it will.

5 Likes

There you go thats all I was asking…we all get it now

:green_heart::facepunch:

This is the answer

I started getting ads for ethanol unitanks and Permacool chillers after I joined my company. They know my phone comes into contact with x y and z phones, and you know my boss was already getting those ads, so I started getting served the ads too.

Combine that with already getting served extraction ads in the past, and it was quick for the “algorithm” to decide that serving me ethanol storage tanks made sense.

I thought it was pretty hard to believe it wasn’t already a rule/guideline.

That said I was also too lazy to look myself. lol lol, respect dude. :facepunch:

1 Like

What do you think needs changing? Want to write a new one?

straight to the spam hole, and change it just to spite them to something more accurate like “unauthorized slanger”

You are encouraged to help users make sure the posts are in the right category. For example, Ignore is in Cannabusiness, and it should be in Classifieds / Job Opportunities.

Just flag it.

2 Likes

Is there a reason to keep allowing tl3 title edits on others’ posts? I don’t see a reason to edit/move threads that aren’t your own unless you make a couple more people janitors

1 Like

There are more TL3s helping than hurting, thankfully. The trust level is set up so they are mini jannies. TL4 in my opinion is a little too OP and a lot of what they get we dont really use, like deleting posts. Split/Merge is probably the most crucial thing a TL4 can do besides being community leaders and setting a good example.
I would rather lock people at TL2 when they cause trouble than promote to TL4 so they can edit and move posts.
No one has really asked to be a TL4 or shown enthusiasm. Maybe it’s time to add another handful.

8 Likes

Can this ability be added bespoke to users or must they be part of TL4?

In my time here I have not seen a call go out for this, perhaps thats why? I am certain you would find volunteers, myself and others.

Anyone who volunteers should be immediately rejected.

6 Likes

Ok, why?

Off-putting when someone campaigns or requests to have power on a message board :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What do you propose? A draft?

I propose status quo if anything. Nothing crazy is happening with the current “regime”. It was fine before too without killa and whoever else ended up winning the moderator sweepstakes putting timers on stuff. At least killa cleans some stuff up. No need for more authority.

5 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing: Hint taken…

Hahhahahahaha

4 Likes

they must

we held ‘elections’

Since then I added @ky_cbd and will probably add someone else if the need arises. https://future4200.com/g/trust_level_4/

4 Likes

Myself or @Hansel are really the only logical options Imo

Anyone else and you’re doing the community a disservice.

11 Likes

Yes my services are always available!

8 Likes

Isn’t your other account already a level 4?.

4 Likes

Definitely annoying :100::100:

2 Likes