Tips/review my dry room protocol

Exactly what I planned to do. All direct air blowing will be directed towards the far wall. It’s nice to get a direct review from you. You know how things like this are, they are so fucking hit or miss

2 Likes

I’ve been rocking portable ac’s for 6yrs now. It’s all in how you tweak them.for use.

1 Like

Best bang for the buck I have found are 240 v window AC. For around $550-700 at Lowe’s Menards/ home Depot u can pick up around 24,000 BTUs (all for about 12 amps). They dehumidfy very well. They did have units that could also he used for heating, which I will be looking into the future . Saved me a ton of money and amperage compared to a split AC system.

If your gonna use a window unit, look into making a longer temp probe and place it where you like. Or the window unit will on get a reading at the unit and not where you want the reading taken from

3 Likes

Unfortunately I have no way to install a window unit in that room, so I’m currently searching for a portable air conditioner which is seeming to be pretty tricky to find

Amazon,Walmart

Doesn’t have to be portable. Ductless works really well, too. They are practically portable. Easy enough to uninstall and move.

1 Like

Amazon takes too long to ship currently, I’m one hundred percent responsible for being a little late on this. But I did get a 70 pint dhum and two auto pilot brand dehumidifier controllers, but I think I’m still gonna order the inkbirds from Amazon and use them when they arrive

Great humidor style setup I enjoy this, 60/60 with 12/12 only minimal light. 2 weeks it’ll be perfect cure keep airflow consistent so no ethylene builds up around the buds.

My dream cure room is a deep freezer 1000sqft set to 37f with 45-55% humidity controlled by 3 dehums. Around 20-25 12” oscillating fans on the walls, 5 turbo 20” fans on celling. You wanna see a cold cure & chlorophyll draw out do thissssss :smirk:

I realized I need a humidifier now haha. Humidity is at like 48% on its own. Luckily I only got 2 small plants hung up so far. Tomorow I’m going to buy a humidifier. With that being said now, how big of a humidifier do you think I need.

Home depot

I use a LG 14k btu single hose portable in a basement. I have mine set up in a very special way. Exhausts directly out of the basement.

Your not gonna need to add humidity at all once the rooms filled. Unless ambient outside air RH is 30%

1 Like

I’m, personally, against staging harvests in the same drying room. I’ve seen nothing but problems with it. You will likely find that the stuff harvested first will rehydrate to match the rest of the freshly harvested product, even with your humidity and air circulation dialed.

When this happens, your earliest harvest will likely finish at the same time as your most freshly harvested plants. That can mean some product taking an exceptionally long time (depending on how greatly harvests are staged). That also gives increased time and risk for the nasties to grow.

The scenario I’m explaining isn’t necessarily a guarantee, but I have seen it almost bankrupt rec companies who thought they knew better.

5 Likes

Yeah, but their drying room was an after-thought on a 40k sq.ft grow…

4 Likes

They are but one of many I have seen. Not gonna name drop them publically, but you have stood 100’ from another one I am referencing. Came within inches of ruining them into the ground for refusing to listen until it became an emergency.

1 Like

I’m anticipating a somewhat staggered harvest. Right now I’m harvesting a Strain that went into flower a little earlier than others so that’s done. A second strain is ahead of the pack right now, but I do have the option of using separate grow Rooms if I have to…

Also after opening the doors for a bit and letting some fresh air in, humidity has leveled out at 60ish… both dehums are set with controllers to 60 humidity

1 Like

I told a group down here to go ef themselves after blowing a bunch of smoke up my ass. Along with two machine wet trimmers ($35k each), they were planning on stacking rooms on top of each other in the same dry room. Before they even built the rooms. Before they built, they consciously, planned to fuck their shit up. But, their grower has like 30k followers, so.

1 Like

There are so many things wrong there! Glad you got out! It’s painful to see stuff like that! Doesn’t matter how well it is grown when mishandled at any point after being chopped. All the effort (and quality) can go down the toilet quick (along with one’s reputation)!

1 Like

If you try it (staggered harvests in one dry room) once and have the experience I describe, I would suggest moving each subsequent harvest into a new available space until you have none. Moving anything from the mixed harvest dry room will not undo what has been done. That round will have to ride out the impact of mixing harvests from different days.

They’ve already taken a room down early for being riddled with pm. My buddies lab did the toll and they sold the live resin to the “patients” here. Their flower rosin is absolute trash.

I would recommend using a Trolmaster Hydro-X to track and control your drying room.

If you wanna go pro, get the Hydro-x Pro. You can plot the room setpoints you want to achieve and it will control the AC, Dehum, vent all at once.

2 Likes