Tincture Recipe Help

Hi there - looking for the correct ratio of THC distillate to MCT oil to make a good tincture. I have hotplate stirrer, homogenizer, etc. at my disposal. Also - does it matter if a tincture is flavored/has terps added back, or good enough to just combine distillate and a base? Thanks!

the recipe is up to you. what are your goals? required dosage?

assuming your distillate is 100% THC (it’s not, it might be 90%, more likely 85%) a 1:1 ratio will give you ~500mg/ml (or 0.85 x 500 => 425mg/ml). 10:1 will give you closer to 42mg/ml.

many store bough tinctures offer 1000mg in 30ml. (33mg/ml).

my eldest uses 1mg/ml, because we’ve discovered 1mg THC knocks him on his ass.

are you selling it or using it? “tastes like hate, feels like love” might get a horrible tasting tincture out the door, but why?

4 Likes

Recipe to last 1 month. Do the math. It’s not rocket science. However, Rocket Scientist on this forum…highly likely.
60 ml MCT
4 grams @ 72% THC(average)
hot plate stir for 5 minutes at 30-35 degrees
Few drops of terpenes.
Oil-soluble flavors (www.apex flavors.com)
I have better luck if I don’t use CBD. I’ve read where CBD negates if not mitigates the THC. I’ve also read that a small amount of CBD potentiates the THC. So I think the jury is still out on that.
I make this for my daughter who has IBS. If she wants CBD I just make a different tincture for that. I don’t combine them anymore.

All of the above… search bar: tincture

1 Like

@yorkshire Track down a high THcV strain for her.

Blackbeauty, Jack the Ripper, Dougs Varin. Even Durbin Poison helps, some Girlscout Cookies might too.