Thrips H2O2

spinosad is systemic. If it works for aphids I fucked up not using it last year. Im not sure but i dont think it kill aphids?

What about a dunk for plants in dwc buckets?

if you use spinosad its systemic you dont need a full dunk/ in my experience you spray and the thrips die. I wouldnt spray flowers. thrips are easy, biut maybe because I use spinosad. I remember the wierd look the nursery worker gave me when I had thrips mid winter. = pot grower. same when I buy the glass jars or strawberry fields soil= they all know im a stoner? I gotta stop wearing this make america stoned again hat when i buy this shit. I dont wear it at the dry ice place.

the thrip isnt in the bucket= dunks wont work
they scar up leaves. Ive never had thrip be a major issue but have used monterey spray for 15 years if thrips pop up.

Dunks should work, plants need to be submerged completely for 2 minutes. Thrips canā€™t hold their breath.

1 Like

I was think root aphids when i was reading that, theips are pretty easy. Know of a product for root aphids in dwc buckets

1 Like

Thrip Control:

Beneficials

• Neoseiulus cucumeris
  • Amblyseius swirskii
  • Orius insidiosus

Biological/ Botanical controls

• Beauveria bassiana
  • Spinosad (Donā€™t use commercially, a lot of states test for this)
  • PFR-97 (Isaria fumosorosea)
  • Azadirachtin
  • Pyrethrins

Chemical Controls

• Potassium Salts
  • Mineral Oils
  • SuffOil-X (Or TriTek depending on state regulations)

Edit:
If you want to trap, use blue traps. Helpful for monitoring populations. Change out cards 1x a week and you can tell if you are controlling them.

If you want to do anything with H2O2, use 34% at a ratio of 3-5ml/ gallon

5 Likes

i would offer: be careful with spinosad. itā€™s a Cat 2 pesticide, anything but ā€˜all naturalā€™ and your material could fail a COA pesticide analysis.
that is, if your stuff is even tested and/or is ā€˜traditional marketā€™, or if you care itā€™s unhealthy for consumers or not. itā€™s classified as a ā€˜low-riskā€™ pesticide but itā€™s not ā€˜no-riskā€™; thereā€™s a reason itā€™s one of the pesticides they test for. also, toxic to bees, which need help these days. good luck!
disclaimer: i come from the world of extracts and not growing. my thinking is based towards concentrates, which also concentrate pesticides; i just think the thing to keep in mind is that people consume these things via inhalation, for which we donā€™t have a lot of direct studies on long term health effects, interactions with other compounds, etc. i tend to advocate safety over everything, esp in the case of unknowns like that

1 Like

by dunk i thought it was the pesticide dunks for fungus gnats. pesticide dunks - Google Search
I dont think they work on thrips

Im not sure but i think the issue is it can hurt fish or bees. But i only use it early as a systemic. If i had thrips later id use pyrethrin or other things. I saw a bumblebee hovering yesterday. and then it went into my foundation of the house? I dont mind.

Thrips canā€™t breathe under water. You can drown them by dunking in straight water for at least 2 minutes but no more than 5.

my term of dunks was different= you meant dunking the plant or clone- i meant the product called mosquito dunks

1 Like

I fucked up last cloning by not doing your dunk method- I didnt though, its warm and the roots were all huge and i havent seen pm on any new ones yet.

3- 5 ml/ no wonder the h202 bleached my clones. they actually survived= but the roots cme out the upper stem and not the bleached lower end

Lacewings are very cheap and very effective on thrips.

I tried lacewings on my aphids last year and i cant say they did anything. The ladybugs went to town and had babies that really cleaned up the aphids.

1 Like

LADY BUGS for the WIN~!!

1 Like