Thread for dummies

Bro lol… we could work that out forsure

Not sure kief requires a gal of ethanol per lb of material to get it covered, but that’s roughly what I use with ground plant material.

My math suggested I could drop 100gal of Ethanol from rm temp to -40C using about 300l liq N2. It was on the back of a napkin, so I’m pretty sure there was alcohol as well as cannabis involved, so I’m not willing to call it much more than a “ballpark” number.

Same math says 5-tons of chiller will drop 1000gal of ethanol from +20C to -20C while the crew is off sleeping (assuming you run your crew that way). Or drop 100gal in an hr or 2 if you have the kind of crew that gets in of a morning, and THEN decides they need 100 gal of cold solvent.

A walk-in freezer would be awesome. It would not however drop 100gal near as fast as the other options…

I even convinced the boss that he should get me one…problem was he went out and purchased a used one, and after paying someone to reassemble it, we discovered the compressor was toast. I’m pretty sure they’re going to rip it out and put an office in rather than spring for the compressor to make the (&^(&)#@(ing thing useful.

1 Like

I’ll come teach you. I’ve been looking for an excuse to get back to Eugene! Sounds like you are in a similar boat I have been in. Are you the hired science guy doing a lab buildout with some folks who have money? Been there, stressed through that. Overall a good experience that resulted in lots of other lower stress job offers.

1 Like

@cyclopath Serious? I have the space available, and Id love a new stream of income.

I’m pretty dumb. Can I help?

4 Likes