Thoughts on Soxhlet Extractor for Live Resin?

Co2 and Ethanol only.

2 Likes

Now I know why he was asking me so many Qā€™s the other day about Diamonds and shatter. :thinking:

2 Likes

i know dude posted some insane looking diamonds on IG the other dayā€¦Im suspecting hes dialing in ethanol diamonds quite rapidly. Seems like they are the people down in FL with the good sauce from the dispensaries. I think they are opening one in Miami soon as i think they operate out near the Tampa Area.

3 Likes

Yeah, my boy has a new one in North Miami opening up.

1 Like

I think I may have misspoke when I said butane was not allowed. I believe you can still make a request to the DOH to perform butane extractions. Iā€™m sure they would require a C1D1 room for it to be approved. Added to the fact that Florida is still exclusively vertically integrated and start up costs are already extremely high, I think everyone has just been deterred from trying.

Whose opening a store in Miami with EtOH diamond tech though? @Killa12345 @BG305

1 Like

I thought MUV was opening a store down here. If not im mistakenā€¦And i saw the lemon EtOH the other day if that was Etoh that was awesome @THChemist

1 Like

Oh youā€™re 100% correct lol

I wasnā€™t sure if you were talking about me or not. Thank you for noticing :v:

2 Likes

Yeah butane is definitely allowed in Florida. I know of a company that has a machine and is building their c1d1 lab but all the employees think itā€™s a death trap :man_shrugging::tipping_hand_man:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to puzzle out ways to make high quality etoh extracts and avoid fossil fuels. This setup seems like Iā€™d be able to run a nitrogen sweep for the turpenes beforehand, then end up with a pretty high quality etoh extract as well.

Iā€™m guessing a 10-20lb tube would be a maximum on one of these. Itā€™s just a matter of more tubes :stuck_out_tongue: it still puts a turp/etoh run under an hour for a tube with almost no post processing which seems advantageous.

I think Iā€™m trying to hit a niche market with high quality fossil fuel free live extracts, working with small to medium scale growers that might only end up with a hundred lbs/month in trim, and get a dozen customers of that size per location.

My first probable problem is the -80c condenser Iā€™d need to source, but Iā€™d be running into the same issues if I was just doing passive soak though.

Iā€™d love more constructive criticism though!

2 Likes

Been after that unicorn for a little over a year and we are very close. I will be back in Cali next week for a couple of months and more R&D.

2 Likes

Can I ask what youā€™re doing for a setup? Iā€™m in Canada so I wonā€™t compete :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Have you run successful live extractions with ethanol? I imagine the hydrogen bonding from the ethanol would melt the ice.
If the temp is low enough it may not have the energy to break the ice latticeā€¦

Iā€™m skeptical but I havenā€™t tried it at extremely low temps yet.

1 Like

In my proposed setup Iā€™m thinking the nitrogen sweep (especially if itā€™s dry nitrogen) coupled with the warmth and deep vacuum will dehydrate the weed beforehand? But itā€™s just a guess.

Even funnier, Iā€™m from Jacksonville myself, world is getting smaller and smaller.

3 Likes

Ivā€™e played around with it, the plant material remains frozen. It is somewhat like dipping a rose into LN2.

4 Likes

Itā€™s all about your temp folks, you can virtually cold crash in any solvent as long as moisture & solubility is at right preference. Thick mother liquid will better off your sauce for the cold crash. If you extract cold yes impurities are less likely but you also should use a inline condenser & dryer to be positive youā€™ll be fine of moisture. Pour off & left her sit in cryo till you see crash forming & follow SOP.

Wonder if this could be implemented to run isotulene over a Cbd isolate seeding & disty mix to create & form cbn.

[quote=ā€œCheebachiefextracts, post:38, topic:8770ā€]
cbn.
[/
Don t think touleen on it s own will isomerize cbd to cbn
Unless you have figured a way

1 Like

Thereā€™s is a way to isomer the thc into converting its concentration on cbn havesting for faucets, if interested in the sop dm & we can set up.

1 Like