Thoughts on D8 vs D9 safety

I use Delta 8 exclusively and I still get onset paranoia at high doses just as with Delta 9. The product is from Nature’s Purpose, I trust their labs to be true on the basis that Texas does not fuck around when it comes to concentrates, so it’s unlikely caused by contaminant Delta-9.

Thank you for the wealth of sources. I am a hobbyist at this point with my research into cannabinoids, and don’t quite have the the chops as others do on finding relevant citations

Thank you! Good stuff. I am definitely in agreement with you then. I will certainly take a look at some of those resources including the Yoshimura paper tonight. If there is anything I’ve learned digging through these papers, cannabis research is still in its infancy. Despite the objections to the current market that are frequently vocalized on this forum (which I generally share), I for one am excited to see more research and I hope the industry doesn’t get itself shut down before we have a chance to regulate it.

Also it’s weird to suggest Delta-9 has no LD-50 when it’s well known it does. Any drug has an LD-50 eventually. Based on the studies poster above, for a human to die from Delta-8 it seems they would need to drink a 2 liter bottle of distillate, in one go. At that point I would genuinely question if death was from poisoning or from physical damage from needing your stomach pumped lol.

I’m going to start a go fund me to compare vendor carts to store bought carts. I think this is the real issue. I’m a big advocate in consumer regulation before government and corporate regulation.

1 Like

I’ll bet you money it has d9

Send it to KCA and get MS results, only way I’ll believe it’s compliant

I have a friend who can feel 1% d9 in d8

It doesn’t take much d9 to cause anxiety

2 Likes

I just started a thread about this. Hopefully I’m not being all retarded and doing this wrong but I’m a stoner so it’s pretty likely I am lol.

I know people set up shell companies and what not, but I sincerely don’t understand how these vendors think they can fly under the radar selling Delta-9 concentrate, they would be looking at 15 years in prison and many thousands in fines. And they don’t even make that much money, you’d actually make more just straight up selling on the black market.

1 Like

You don’t know enough about testing to make that claim. Most labs have inferior, unrefined D8 testing methods.

2 Likes

Actually I operate with the presumption that Greenleaf Labs and Texas Pharma nudge their numbers. You’re correct I need to learn more. Are these reputable labs?

I wasn’t particularly impressed with Greenleaf (here in Oregon), and I have zero experience with Texas Pharma. You want to know what’s in your D8, as suggested above, get a sample to @kcalabs. They are really the only ones who seem to be doing it right when it comes to D8 testing. This isn’t to say others aren’t able to do it right, we (as a community) just have yet to see it documented.

I agree with kotk that you likely suffer from paranoia due to D9 consumption.

1 Like

I knew a guy that tried d8 and it made him gay

Source: my boyfriend said I was hella straight before I dabbed d8

6 Likes

Based on ten rats, only three dosed with delta 8. Rats metabolize much differently than humans, I would not draw any conclusions of D8 and the adrenals based on three rats in one lab.

1 Like