This user's public profile is hidden

Been noticing lots of profiles with “This user’s public profile is hidden.” when you try to visit their page.

Does my profile appear display the same message when trying to visit my page?

If so can that setting be changed? Because I don’t remember setting my profile as private or even seeing the function as an option…

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s in settings/preferences/interface

5 Likes

The only Enabled admin side setting I can find along those lines is “Disable user cards, user profiles and user directory for anonymous users.” so only those who are logged in can see a profile.
Is it possible you may have inadvertently changed that setting sometime? I can see a lot of action logs but doesn’t look like profile settings are logged (long enough for me to look this up anyway)
@Mosaic_Co-Labs - also see if flipping that option works for you and maybe DM a few of the users and see if it was a conscious change or not.

1 Like

I had to make my profile private.

3 Likes

Had??

2 Likes

I’m confused by your question haha

Edit: I get it now. No didn’t have to, it was by default public and I chose to make it private

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Butthole Surfers

Awesome thanks @stoopkid @sidco @moveweight

People have been saying this for some time but I never knew exactly what they meant. I’m going to change that setting now :call_me_hand:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Dude, it was just split two posts up, let’s not overuse your butthole till it loses all meaning haha

2 Likes