This is Why We No Longer Offer CAT Homogenizers! A Warning To All!

@goldleaf_scientific Here’s what happens when you’re a CAT distributor… You receive from the factory a new DK40, ship it to your customer, and look what happens. See email below. Now you have to have the device repaired, new chambers machined with the correct stainless steel. You as a distributor have to pay for shipping the device to Germany, $350.00 and you have to pay for shipping the device from Germany to the U.S. $700.00. There goes your profit.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FROM THE FACTORY OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! And if you think I’m lying you should ask Phil Preston the owner of Polyscience. He was the CAT distributor before us. He couldn’t deal with the constant factory fuck ups and gave up with CAT.

The factory is like a never ending episode of Hogans Heros!!!

2 Likes

I have a few questions. Was this drop shipped or shipped from your location??

The item looks quite small. I’m not sure why the shipping to germany be so high. I’m just wondering why you didn’t inspect these before shipping to your clients as the size looks like it’s under 50lbs and not oversized at all.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate, I was just getting ready to order one too. Thought German engineering was the best. What’s the alternative?

bm3ufqwcyaa83mn_by_doomblade2_dd9xibj-fullview

3 Likes

Looks like you might want a username change…

10 Likes

I’ve had an x1000 for a hot minute. It has served me very well with 0 issues.

Edit: and I bought it used

3 Likes

I KNEW YOU SECRETLY HATED THESE HOMOGENIZERS. It never made sense when I’d send people your way and you’d explain to them how they didn’t need your product. Just know you made it into pen lab lore. The kafkaesque salesman whom hated their main product.

14 Likes

5 Likes

definatly not sanitary, hella gaps in the fitup.
If you need a shop that is located in the usa and can meet your quality expectations dm me.

1 Like

you-know-the-germans-always-make-good-stuff

6 Likes

You have to send them out to be refurbished 1 by 1…?

8 Likes

But seriously what’s the comparable alternative to this

4 Likes

Yeah, seconding this…Was just about to buy the X1000D from the factory. Need something to homogenize b/w 250-500g of distillate per batch. I guess I’m glad I waited, thanks for this post!

1 Like

I’m just assuming Hogans heroes is a really stupid reality show

1 Like

I was thinking the same. I know it was on tv but never watched it. I’m assuming it was pretty bad though.

1 Like

Check out IKA. I have an older T25. Used it to cut absolute amber with PG to make it flow in ecig vape carts. Worked awesome.

1 Like

You know Nussing… NUSSING!

5 Likes

Oh wow that’s old!

1 Like

Once upon a time I bought a glas-col heat/stir mantle (we were distributing thru ace glass) the stirrer broke 30 min in. Asked us to change a part on the back and it immediately shorted again. I complained saying we shouldn’t have to fix 4 figure “lab grade” equipment - that’s not what we/you signed up for. They sent one free with no further debate didn’t even have to return the broken one…

idk if you had net terms like us but you best believe if they asked me to pay that for that shit show I wouldn’t lol. Especially when your likely get 8-12% off as a distributor. No margins fuck that game lol. We ran it to get discounts on 5 SPDs between two pre ico operations in LA.

1 Like