This is Why We No Longer Offer American Cart Farmers! A Warning To All!

The pid would turn of at the exact same place every time, but then the heating pad would continue to climb. It took so long for the energy to move through all that rubber that it would continue to get hotter on the surface of the belt even though there was no power running theough it.

Brisk heat said we placed the probe right, and that the pid was correct, they said I inappropriately sized the heater. Which was unfortunate, since that size heater was the only one that would fit the hose and heat up quickly enough for delta 8

3 Likes

Hi,
If you change the pid tuning you can compensate for this, I have worked with manyā€™ a naughty pid. The other options @cyclopath mentioned is fluid jacketed lines, heated air, or heat lamps would work as well. This is pid overshoot is just like how mantles overshoot with an internal t/c.

https://www.thorlabs.com/tutorials.cfm?tabID=5DFCA308-D07E-46C9-BAA0-4DEFC5C40C3E#:~:text=In%20general%20a%20PID%20circuit,to%20reach%20the%20SP%20value.&text=To%20tune%20your%20PID%20controller,observe%20oscillation%20in%20the%20output.
read this, great info on pid tuning.

6 Likes

Bout to put this to the test!

12 Likes

I havenā€™t been following along too well, is this to heat lines for a filler?

2 Likes

Yes it is! FEP tubing should be a bit more terp friendly than the silicone stuff that normally comes with the gun too.

If only I could figure out how to jacket the body of the syringe now

4 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

I offer this with ptfe, which is superior in heat resistance and flexibility compared to FEP. When I offered fep I had bad reviews. I DO NOT OFFER SILICONE LINES UNLESS SOMEONE ORDERS THE ā€œFORBIDDEN NOODLEā€. The forbidden noodle is a joke product so please do not take it seriously.

Those brass fittings will definitely interact with your terps. You should either opt for chrome plated or (preferably) stainless steel

3 Likes

wish I had use for my cart farmer.

my vape.sells dropped drastically. I never get to use it bc I fill 10-15 at time now so sad

maybe it could go to new home for decent price

itā€™s the 50shot

I hate to sell it but fuck me Iā€™ll never make 100 carts at time again

You can fill darts with it.

Beats 1 at a time with my setup.

1 Like

I thought FEP actually had superior thermal characteristics to PTFE. Oh well. The brass is entirely exterior and doesnā€™t contact the oil at all

2 Likes

yeah fill darts about 20nst time alsoā€¦dont ask me how yall will get mad an go on rant that u csnt believe Iā€™m using cheap throwaways syringes

I use a BD leur lock 1ml to fill dartsā€¦1g at a time.

Shoot me a dm. Depending on $, Iā€™ll snatch it from ya.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take that ticket

1 Like

Thatā€™s fucking disgusting. Is it just me or are most of the suppliers in the industry just a bunch of Cowboys? Itā€™s like shit got Legal but so many in the industry are like low-level business people. Corner store style.

I saw this today and a Slander post yesterday and Anon accounts coming to harass the guyā€¦ this is BUSINESS. In BUSINESS you follow the etiquette of professionalism. Not act like a 14 year old with an Ego because they have an eBay account and made 10 cents profit last quarter.

1 Like

This is the same in many industries. Happens a ton in construction. Iā€™ve seen an old employer bid jobs at 30-50% extra because he didnt want the work.

It was high enough to make the job worth it for them if you accepted the bid. And also high enough to get you to say no and find someone else to do it.

4 Likes

Oh shit yeah - construction is one that never progressed. Developers with beautiful offices run by low-lives who belong underground in a mine and even then!

Could use a camera lens heater wrap to heat the syringe.

1 Like

Not even the 50ml cart farmer? ;(

I donā€™t think @cart.farm/@qma is saying they are no longer making cart farmers. I think heā€™s saying they arenā€™t offering American made components, because they donā€™t measure up.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fucked up pandemic fuckery. My ethanol supplier told me I needed to order four times the amount I usually do in order to continue purchasing from them when this all started. Would it be 4x8 though for two pallets? Sucks that creed has taken overā€¦

1 Like