This is Why We No Longer Offer American Cart Farmers! A Warning To All!

I saw @CATScientific complaining about their main product and I thought I should join in.

I thought offering BRISKHEAT products would be great, because unlike my china factory, they have a warranty.

Well, I originally sold a test order of 10, and two of which had extreeme issues. They keep overshooting, and melting through high temp (150c) wrapping. Here is an example:

When talking to briskheat they were extreemely unhelpful and told me it was my fault. Thanks briskheat!

I don’t care if these things sell for TWO thousand dollars… I don’t care if they sell for TEN thousand I can not stand behind the quality of American products, because I cannot justify the increase in price.

I just damaged out my remaining units. Briskheat american made was not up to par.

15 Likes

The WVO guys use a hose within a hose to heat the waste veg oil using engine coolant…

http://www.wvodesigns.com/blog/wvo-information/converting-a-diesel-to-run-on-wvo/conversion-plans-and-schematics/hose-in-hose/

These guys also happen to be discountcentrifuges.com

Pretty sure you can get 12V electrically heated fuel line too.

3 Likes

Maybe I should start the reasons I don’t sell Celite 545 thread??? Or maybe why I don’t like to sell valves…

10 Likes

You know, I was just putting together a parts list for doing this this morning using bore through swagelok fittings. This seems to be a more appropriate budget lol. I hate the heat tape we’re using now

brisk heat units are trash. they become brittle and the “rubber” falls off.

3 Likes

What are the

?

2 Likes

Lets start with #1

The price went up 20% when i asked the supplier why my biggest order to date was 20% higher than normal. The response was “would you like it to be 30% higher than i got a new invoice that was actually 30% higher”

Then i had to order 2 pallets at a time. Do you know how much space is needed 2 pallets of celite is?? I was only going threw a ton of celite every 3-4 months. and was only making about $1000 profit off selling the ton after all shipping expenses. The storage needed for the celite was about $110 a month.

So all that work to clear $150-200 a month of a product i really didnt enjoy selling wasnt worth it to me.

easier to just discontinue selling the product.

18 Likes

What a nice person, and very good reasoning on his part. /s

5 Likes

perfect for me too…just made me rather not deal with that guy for $200 a month… I can find other avenues to make up the loss.

When he sent over the 30% invoice he had to have known he was losing a customer… Easier to cut my loses and hes probably happier not making $1000 every 3-4 months too, as i dont even remember the last time i had to sell a bag of celite.

7 Likes

I would 100% do something like this on the traditional market :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

I don’t see how saying “hey man, our source just had a dramatic price hike going on, i take it you’ll understand that i have to pass this on” was not an option.

1 Like

Why bother though? That means he’ll have to sit on it even longer

I was talking about @Killa12345 s seller not putting the price hike in nicer words.

1 Like

It wasnt worth the money to continue to carry it. i didnt sell enough of it and i could tie my money up in other products with higher turnover rate and better margins. this is all a math problem for me. i disappoint a ton of people cause i dont carry a full line up. I liken myself to costco without the membership fees. I try to buy a limited amount of products in ultra bulk to pass on a discount to the customer. When the customer can buy somewhere else cheaper…i tend to drop the product.

not to mention it wasnt said like you posted…it was said exactly how i posted… so tone has something to do with it as well.

2 Likes

sure i just meant it looks like he didn’t care about you being his customer at all with talk like that, which is weird. you were absolutely right to cut ties with him and discontinue the product.

1 Like

exacly…i was dealing with someone buying 20 tons at a time direct from the company. I could have dealt with the company direct but the price was slightly higher. The middle man was cheaper than direct from the company cause we kinda grew together…

At some point the middle man seen i was taking too much of his business a decided to price above what it cost me to just buy direct… at this point i did a real cost analysis of the product and thought the money could be invested elsewhere.

But that’s kinda dumb on his part, i mean there surely had to have been at least some kind of business synergies that would have been worth exploring.

Especially with the loss of reputation gained from talking shit to a customer, this was a really bad move.

1 Like

The price hike was a punishment for talking to his people. Not everyone is good at business

1 Like

Was this a pid tuning issue, or misplacement of the t/c?
What was the exact cause of the failure?

1 Like

i felt like it was outta the blue too as we had a great working relationship together. who cares… LOL ive moved on to greener pastures and it looks like they have too…

there really was no arguement…no negiotiations till that point…just outta the blue …i got an invoice that was 20% higher…when asked i was given that fuck ass answer…and decided that was enough…maybe it was a test…i didnt like it regardless

2 Likes