Things to consider when switching to ethanol

No absolutely care must be taken and it’d most definitely only be for students production. I am just trying to decide to do large scale bho or hexane right now

You get a solid higher boiling terp profile, right? I’ll have to do a before and after on ethanol extracts to see exactly what and how much you lose (of the elements we have standards for). Probably tastes strange, not necessarily bad.

I hate the careless expansion of ethanol processing for destroying good essential oils. It perpetuates the fake profile market masquerade. Until someone says enough and calls them out. I have nightmares of tons of good, well grown biomass, with essential oils that were painstakingly bred, crying out in pain, going out the smoke stacks of a careless industry, as generic oil with generic flavors floods a naive market, each pretending to be somehow unique.

3 Likes

What’s your scrub method

what do you use as your centrifuge?

What hemp are you running, everything I’ve run for 3 years has way more volatiles then Thc for whatever reason

We run ethanol, I have a 14ft recovery still. Ethanol loss and recovery will be your biggest expense. It is more time and raw material intensive but that’s what our license is and what I am tasked with making.

But you can make fine shatter and turn fairly high volume if you have the recovery down. It’s both a big cost and the quicker you can strip the more efficient your production will be.

Think out every step well before buildout. That is the best advice I can give. One caveat, be prepared for your war plan to fall apart with first contact with the enemy :crazy_face:

1 Like

2-3 pandas will be used for my centrifuge/ recovery. Looking at using (2) 10"x24" material columns for my soaking vessels. And doing the research on both recovery, perhaps 2 20l rotos, as well as my chilling situation

1 Like

Pandas will break their plastic parts fairly easy. My third one just broke its spout cause internal pieces broke off and when exiting tore the spout. I was filtering and found a piece in the buchner. Went over to the panda and found it leaking etho all over the floor and saw the spout was cracked off. You might want to look at a salad spinner conversion for a washing machine. Much more stable and shouldn’t break that easy.

Panda like. Centrifuges 4 on every 2x300L rinse Bucket
Brands as aeg and Siemens work on the hexane wing 3 men busy
Especialy Siemens has a Nice spinner ( not produced Any more )that has almost. Straight edge

The 12x24 are small vesels
If two rinses are to be done i recomend working with square Bucket for they are easyer to take the bag of biomass to the other without spilling

I don t work with the brand panda
But i had sprouts tear of
Buy a second hand panda for parts
Take of the sprout and bring to a metal working shop and let then make a metal one
Atach with ss bolts
Also most new panda s i get out of the box i reinforce the sprout with fiberglas fiber and epoxy

1 Like

I have got parts to fix them already, I need a new pilot bit for my hole saw. I’ve had issues with size compatibility due to very small differences between different parts I’ve got. The first hole saw us stuck on the pilot bit, so I can’t make the holes I need bigger. Once get it later today it should be fine. Then I’m fixing the three pandas I have.

Still gonna fuck around with the washing machine though.

For cheap cooling solution - pump straight out of the 55gal etoh barrel into 3/8’’ coils submerged in dry ice and etoh. U need like 50 feet or so. You will go from room temp to -70 in a matter of minutes provided you don’t exceed 15 psi on the system. Cheers

5 Likes

Yea. Tetraguy is holding my hand thru this. As per his tek I’m going to have 2 kegs of etho in a deep chest freezer. And using an air compressor going to push those through 2 50’ coils in dry ice. I wish so bad to get away from dry ice, but any chiller or refrigeration option will cost way more for me currently

1 Like

Do you push the ethanol through some coils to chill it down between washes?

I have a tek for room temp extract🤔

1 Like

In between washes With the same etho I’ll be using jacketed columns filled with dry ice to keep it cold

And as for the warm etho extracts, I’m under the impression that leads to various filtering and cleaning of material where as running cold I can skip winterizing all together

1 Like

Care to share?

Sop is free with any phone/internet or in person consult :wink:

I give out enormous amounts of free info on here.

5 Likes

As in how to chill it quickly? Or how to get away with using room temp? Cause I push all my cash strapped clients to warm wash and make up for it on the post processing side.