These are some of my results for first pass on the short path.

Bho as crude, used 99% anhydrous ethanol alcohol to redesolve and winterize using dry ice outside of my freezing medium so it has no contact with the crude, and the. Filtered through 1micro paper, Diatematious earth, activated charcoal a few times.

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Good results! Great clarity and color.

1 Like

This was caused by a leak on one of my distillation processes. Caused a low vacumm thus this purple looking stuff. Couldn’t tell yiu what it is, buy it smells rancid.

Thank you. Ive been reading a lot of color remidiation, peat remidiation etc and I feel like using a couple of other filter mediums will help. Also failed to post, we use straight nugs for our extracts. Sometimes 6 month old flowers up to a year old, depending on the famer…

Thats 100mls of distillate, 1st pass.

4 Likes

Is that distillate in a bag? I have never seen that before

4 Likes

Video’s not working. I would love to see it.

1 Like

This is what it looks like in carts with no terps

Yeah, its a way a customer requested we sent their product. He places it in his fridge for a couple of minutes, and because its already very very viscous, it basically turns into a hard slab, peels off the plastic and has all his product. Bag is a vacumm seal bag, thick enough to not rip

2 Likes

Ive tried to upload it, its a video of the short path in action but let me post a link of my Instagram

Thats the link to the video/ my Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4dG6eIhq5n/?igshid=75hbnymspcxt

2 Likes

What kind of short path head is that?

1 Like

Says 24/40 aero mex. Made in México since thats where im located. Its for a 10 lt sp

1 Like

Well, looks like I cant upload videos. Darn it. But check out the insta. I want to know how or where I can improve…

That looks really good, u can improve with some other color remidiation steps like crc or lle,but as is your first pass looks awesome! Whoever is making your crude, tell them to keep it up :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you. Ive been pretty much teaching and setting up CLS. Ill put up a picture of a recent project in which we
plant material with BHO. About 10% return of good BHO and 30% of that was fats that were pulled during winterizacion. All tanks were frozen for blasting, recovery pump is 1hp. And after filtering, we managed to get 40-52% return first pass. So out of 1 kilo of crude prewinterized oil, minus 30% was fats, so we got 700 grams of now winterized crude, BTW we I used ethanol, frozen. For every 100 grams of crude, 1 lt of alcohol. Moving on, after filtering and distilling first pass, i get about 300 to 350 mls of main body. The rest is terps, heads and tails. Last project I used a 10 lt Short path with 2 vacumm pumps. Even with the 5 lt short path, I still got good results.

At its max we had 8 kilos of plant material being processed and butane recovered in 45 minutes. We did 9 hour shifts 6 days a week.