TheLostBiologist Bucket and Post Processing Tek for Golden Extract

@Shadownaught possibly found someone ripping off your name today, https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123324776986
I brought it to Emily Long’s attention, She was going to look into it.
I bought some of his stuff and tryed to apply my glg discount!

1 Like

USALabEquipment is a vendor of Carbon Chemistry products. I encourage anyone in GLG or F42k to use them for small order volumes. If you zoom in on the label it says “Produced by Carbon Chemistry”. We will be launching a product catalog soon that lists some of our trusted small volume retailers soon.

Thank you for pointing that out though @Soxhlet ! There is a company, who posts on this board, who HAS knocked off our product name…USA Lab Equipment is good to go though

Edit: I don’t know if they have joined GLG and offered a discount yet but they certainly SHOULD

6 Likes

awesome! good to know!

3 Likes

Are you doing a secondary filtering on this with a smaller micron to get out what looks like particulates?

Hmmm, I didn’t get any particulates. Though the outside of the flask is pretty dirty along with frost on the bottom. One thing I was surprised with was the last liter coming out very orange. I’m thinking my carbon layer wasn’t quite thick enough for the volume I was running through it. It took me hours to filter 5 liters through my 1 liter funnel, but I also think I overdid it on the bentonite cake. Thinking I’m going to have to go with pressure filtration if I want to scale with this method.

2 Likes

So I had a “duh” moment in another thread where someone was asking about centrifuge filtration. Has anyone tried to rig a panda the way Roguelab rigged his spin drier in this thread for coarse filtration? I don’t mean to look like I’m spamming multiple threads with the same thing, just thought this post would be very relevant for this thread, given that other thread was more for CO2 extractions.

From what I was looking at with the panda, it looks like the same could be accomplished with a few minor tweaks given the slightly different design and unfortunate safety features. This would beat the shit out of using vacuum filtration for the coarse run and trying to keep the alcohol cold for such a long time and constantly changing filters as to not pick up nasties from the biomass particulate. ESPECIALLY for those of us re-using the solvent for multiple batches of biomass as mentioned in the bucket tek thread. I’m thinking a 10 micron mesh sock would be sufficient, with the 7" plastic ring centered in the basket with wire.

I could not find any useful information about D10…Can you explain why?

best guess?
you didn’t Search results for 'D10' - Future4200 :wink:

Start with THC Imposters (Isomers)

2 Likes

My question was intended in a slightly different way: Why is D10 the devil?

But thanks a lot - I still have a lot to read (but the day has only 24h)

yeah sorry. I couldn’t resist that one. glad it didn’t land poorly :wink:

fact is there isn’t a lot of information on D10. and it’s not even certain that we’re actually looking at D10. Just that it’s a degradation product. Calling it D10 seems like a reasonable guess.

I’ve asked every 3rd party lab I interact with. None really seem to have a handle on it.

this would be one reason @TheLostBiologist called it the devil: Chromatogram: 3% THC

4 Likes

Ah ok, now I understand and everything starts to make sense!

we just have to find out what’s its effects (or find someone who does)

In our limited experience with it it does not appear to be very psychoactive. We didn’t do any extensive tests with it though to see what other effects it might have. We don’t have any lab rats and none of us wanted to be human guinea pigs.

It must have just looked like that in the picture then. I noticed the orange thing in the end of the run to. That’s why I switched from straight carbon to bleach instead. I’m on a break for a week or two, but I’ll do a proper Pepsi challenge between the t41 from carbon chemistry and the new bleach from vacuum dynamics and I’ll post the results here.

In regards to the panda, it might be doable. I haven’t looked into it though, so I can’t give you any advice.

3 Likes

Bleaching clay was effective in remediating the orange color?? Used in the same fashion as the carbon, or scrubbed in heptane? And yea, I’m thinking I’ll need a second panda just dedicated for use with coarse filtration, but I’ll mess with the one I have now just to prove the concept before I buy a second. I did jump down a rabbit hole from another thread that mentioned biodiesel centrifuge filtration and found this one below that looks like it would work really well for high volume coarse filtration. I would think you could just hook up a tri-clamp pipe from the biomass centrifuge/agitator to this filtration centrifuge and have filtered product come out into the cooling reactor for another pass over fresh biomass. I’m thinking that could be the scaled up version of what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

Haha, that’s the first centrifuge I came across when I started looking into options for the delta.

4 Likes

I realized I never answered your question about the orange color. I noticed the same when using ph neutral carbon, so I switched over to bleach to do some testing and I got straight golden etho coming out with no orange change after 5 gal and the disty came out looking clearer than using carbon with bentonite. So I’m still doing testing, I’ve used 3% bleach with no bentonite and the results looked better. I’m still in the testing phase and when I get back to do the Pepsi challenge I’ll do 5, 7.5 and 10% tests to see what results that yields. With the carbon I had to do 2.5 gal and then dump the 3% carbon and put a new slurry in there, still got some orange though. I’ll prob throw the carbon/bentonite mix in with the test aswell to see if the same things happen.

6 Likes

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier but I do have some videos that I posted a while back that show the initial purging for ethanol shatter. Not a full SOP or anything but it could help people out with their results. The only other thing I will say about ethanol shatter is that there is a great deal of value to allowing the slab to firm up on its own prior to the purge.

These videos were taken before we had fully dialed in the extraction and filteration tek, so it’s a bit darker than our more recent stuff. Still came out very nice, as you can see in the final link.

I hope this helps!

Video 1: enter the muffin!

Video 2: Serious muffin action!

Video 3: stable at last!

End result

8 Likes

@TheLostBiologist very well written SOP! Thx :+1:

You only use Whatmann #4 for all filtrations or you also filter with finer filters?

Do you think that this SOP would be doable also with ISO?

2 Likes

what bleach are you using?

We need that oven sop

1 Like