The ultimate Panda mods

I believe the cad was posted in @soxhlet’s giveaway contest here:

3 Likes

I’ll post the file shortly; currently driving across the country without my laptop. Hold tight I’ll post the .stl here

3 Likes

Panda replacement spout v6.STL (1.5 MB)

enjoy! almost forgot about this post; been too busy lately. let me know if you have any questions about printing parameters; but it should be a fairly straightforward print.

5 Likes

Did you guys panda also have this selant inside in all the screws in the bottom. Should i remove it? Kinda caked in it.

Can the basket be removed by only the center bolt inside the basket, and if need to remove screws to remove all the sealant would i need to re-seal it witj something, and dothey have bolts on the back?

Edit; that sealant def needs to go, scrapes of like cheese

Fired up for the first time, these things are insane lol, no dick swinging allowed in near vicinity

1 Like

Balance the load and hang on to it.
Lol

1 Like

Strap it down!!

Thanks @PrimO.Oil

6 Likes

Holy cow @cyclopath this looks dangerous :joy: is it pretty sturdy? I always just had labtek Dan sit on it…

It’s nailed to the wall, works like a charm still use it today! Thanks for the shout-out @cyclopath been awhile since logged on. Miss the community

3 Likes

Has anyone considered replacing the electric motor with a pneumatic one to make it explosion proof (or at least remove the spark hazard)? It seems like the only tricky part is mounting it properly so its on center and calibrating the pressure such that the compressed air at full blast wont rip anything apart. Though a more likely challenge is getting enough compressed air at a high enough pressure.

Wondering if dropping an air powered panda in an ethos qualifies as the ultimate capna mod?

Turns out it was an ethos…Is there actually anything useful they can do?

4 Likes

Holy shit thank you, I’ve been looking for a pneumatic drive like this for a while but only found very small units.

1 Like

First one I hit was 4hp!!

:neutral_face: So… the panda uses 300W, which is ~.4 hp. Did that rip itself to pieces or just get up to speed faster?

I’m not sure my harbor freight air compressor can feed the 0.93hp to 1/2 capacity to match the panda’s speed.

2 Likes

Also @RockSteady, you made the spouts out of Nylon, which seems like a great choice for resistance to ethanol. Nylon can be a bitch to print with (at least personally) since you need a hotter bed and all metal hotend (though not a big deal if you can already do it).

I recently got some polypropylene (PP) filament to print a rotovap duct while I got one machined and it is probably one of my favorite filaments to print with and this seems like a great application for it. It’s very chemically resistant to most solvents, the only issue being something like heptane vapor (rip my vapor duct). It has perfect layer adhesion, complies instead of snapping, and isn’t hygroscopic so it can be stored out of a dry box.

You do need a PP bed for adhestion (PP packing tape works well, just have no heat on bed to keep tape stuck), it is a semiflex material so direct drive over a bowden tube is helpful, and it isn’t good for structural parts since its so soft, but my next panda spout will be PP for sure.

3 Likes

Who has some spouts printed?

I will trade you us currency

2 Likes

I think his spouts are sintered powder

1 Like

Well that’s much more professional then. I will see my way out

3 Likes

Have not attempted this.

Nor is it realistically on my to do list…but I do happen to have a “brand new disassembled in a box” panda out in the shop somewhere…

It’s only gonna rip itself apart if you keep the air turned all the way up…. this solution should also give you speed (torque?) control.

1 Like

I still sell spouts fairly regularly, I don’t keep em stocked on the website because Im usually traveling and I hate holding on too peoples money when they are back ordered lol!

Thought about putting them on Amazon but never got around too it lol.

Yes I use SLS nylon, great material for lab applications. Plus SLS resolution is pretty damn insane! Also minimal microporosity and completely solid features. Great printing technology forsure.

Oh nice polypropylene filament sounds pretty awesome! I’ll deffently pick up a spool and see what’s up with it!!! They have some pretty spectacular materials now days. Lots of cool stuff is possible!

Been watching and waiting for PEEK filaments/machines to hit the market. They’ve been around for a while but the microporosity induced from the FDM process makes them unsuitable for a lot of applications.

7 Likes

Dam, ad SLS system is nice. I’ve been torn between that and a CNC mill for making parts. I definitely want to be manufacturing proper sanitary parts asap.

PP is a good filament to print with. There’s some good videos on it, hit me up if you need details on print settings.

2 Likes