The ultimate Panda mods

That would be great, but I’d be nervous about it getting clogged or someone putting a valve on it. Any more than an inch and it’ll flood to the motor.

3 Likes

Thanks for that important info, i have designed accordingly, the outlet is open to atmosphere, so if the hose/barb fitting gets clogged the system will overflow instead of seaping into the motors windings. I didnt have much time to work on it, and im currently enroute to the woods for hempfest so i wont be able to get anything else done in solidworks till Monday, but i will share with everyone what I have so far. Im completly open to any and all criticism, as im trying to make the best possible solution for the community. Think of this as a community design project.

I’m intending to use a bog standard 3/4MNPT to 1/2" barb fitting, that will thread into the 3D printed material, PETG is wonderful as its pretty much self tapping, some Teflon tape will seal it well from leaking. There is a oring groove that is intended to be filled with a bead of silicone to act as a gasket.
Positive retention, is achieved by 2 snap clip(potentially 3), and also by screws or bolts in the the holes already in the shell of the panda.

12 Likes

Could you hook a panda up to lenticular housing units using the barb?

1 Like

Not a good idea if the panda overflows which it does fast all shit can hit the fan :flushed:

1 Like

Finally back to civilization,

Im sure you could if you were driving the filter with vacuum, although i think lenticulars are better with positive pressure, if i remmember correctly, hopefully someone with more experience with lenticulars can chime in.

you might need to go, Panda - holding tank - Pump - Lenticular - holding tank, or something of that effect.

@Roguelab yeah thatd be a shitty situation realfast!!! the lip on the spout is much lower than the lip inside the system, so it will overflow over the spout before, it would overflow interally. Id rather have a puddle of etoh on the floor or in the containment tray than in the motor lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, got some time to finish up the prototype spout, i have a few modifications to the design to make before i finalize and release, thought id have more time to do this lol, but you know how it goes sometimes when your at the helm of multiple businesses.

upon testing this design i discovered the need for a baffle to direct the flow into hole, also the barb hole is being resized to 1" MNPT, which will be less of a restriction. other than that it seemed to work pretty well.

I put it on my oldest panda, and the only one i have with a broken spout currently. This unit has been decommissioned for awhile now, fits and works like a charm, will be more effective with this final round of design adjustments and modifications.

Edit: I have sent out for a set to printed on a buddies high resolution industrial SLS machine, ill post when i receive them

11 Likes

My SLS printed prototypes came in, these were printed on a million dollar machine, in a chemical resistant glass fiber reinforced nylon composite material, the finish is beautiful, stay posted for video of the spout in operation and the release of files if the test goes well.

Also I added in a baffle to help direct the initial surge of solution, need to go buy a proper SS barb fitting aswell

!

13 Likes

I cant post this into the “ultimate panada mod” mod thread due the 3 reply limit lmao, so im posting a new thread, if a admin can merge this into the below thread id be grateful.

the unit is a success. DM me if you want an .stl file to print it yourself, i cant upload it here.

18 Likes

Don’t use brass fittings with alcohol

4 Likes

yeah i know it’ll corrode, lol SS is ordered, just none available in my small town for pick up

2 Likes

Nice work!

3 Likes

My hat off to you sir :clap::clap::clap:
Magnificent job :ok_hand::muscle:

3 Likes

it will corrode? into what? never heard this before

Brass reacts with alcohol. So likely small compounds involving brass will leach their way into your products.

Stainless or copper are the only metals appropriate for alcohol.

8 Likes

How does this actually attach to the panda and will you be selling these? I just got 3 pandas

And copper I won t recomend for it reacts with sulphors turning your etho purple

1 Like

I never intended to sell these, but what i can do for you is, if there is enough demand and we get a group order going ill rent time on the badass machine and get a set of units printed out for all.

im releasing the files for free though, so if you have a buddy with a printer you can get it done, also you can use my files and get something printed professionally from one of the major 3D printer houses.

The spout is held onto the system by 3 different means, there are two indexing and retention clips that index and snap the spout into proper placement, then there are two screw holes that match up with the screw holes on the system already, and you simply screw it into place. and finally there is an oring grove on the backside of the spout that is intended to be filled with food grade silicone, this acts not only as a seal, but also provides some slight retention/adhesion. all in all it makes the 3D printed spout pretty solid, much more solid than the original.

6 Likes

I always knew this for distilling, but I figured hot etoh vapor was a whole other animal compared to cold/room temp etoh. :thinking:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Figure out the minimum/ideal number of these you’d like to manufacture in one sitting & how much you’d like to charge for them. It’d be pretty easy to get a group of people to commit to buying some. I’d personally like 10x or more on the shelf if the price is right…

1 Like