The Survival Podcast

Yeah the one I just posted above is j chillin with our egg chickens. As a pet you could say, but I will eventually eat him/her, so idk if it’s considered an actual pet…

1 Like

No name - not a pet

4 Likes

Most def no name.

I do have a rooster named pineapple though. He just showed up outside my fence one day, no idea where he came from. Now he is my prized rooster. Will get a picture of him soon. Lol

Chicken life

6 Likes

Everyone saying that Biden didn’t mean for his statements to apply to the US is wrong… The lack of shit is about to hit the fan

4 Likes

McMurray hatchery is my favorite.

2 Likes

@Future @Pupparoo, any progress on the root cellars? I’m getting ready to start on one myself.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to do a root cellar as well!! I’ve been thinking under the house would be even cooler but the idea of excavating in a crawl space sounds awful until im about 3’ deep and can stand up.

5 Likes

so you’re like a really small midget

6 Likes

Not yet, I will keep you posted.

Hoping to get rolling in the next couple months.

1 Like

I would love a root cellar! I had a bunch of tires and was thinking about a rammed earth situation but hubs thought everything would smell like tires. The neighbor just cleared a bunch of trees and I’m wondering if I could repurpose them for timbers. Lincoln Log Tek is my favorite.

1 Like

As long as it’s ready to go by late summer/fall you should be good. With the price of fuel, seed, and fertilizer, I don’t see how all food prices don’t at least double from what they are now by Christmas.

I’m thinking concrete floor, poured block walls, and a concrete roof. Blast door if I can find one at a decent price.

1 Like

I have a giant hole dug into the hillside for mine, but no further progress yet. Got distracted building the house

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t doubt it.

Thankfully i have gotten our household fairly well prepared with our food stocks (always room to improve, always stocking up more). Could eat rice(barley, etc), beans (&lentils) and deer (also some goat and chicken) for the next 5+ years if we had to (that’s not even including all our canned goods, mre’s, and freeze dried meals, etc)

Man I’m thankful I am not just getting into this shit.

Solar is another big one I need to get on. Our house is backed up with generators but unfortunately fuel runs out at some point…

2 Likes

Best stroke of luck in my life was finding TSP right after I dropped out of college

2 Likes

A 25lb bag of rice was $10.59 last week at Sam’s club. This week the same bag is $16.97 That’s a 62% increase in a week🤬

2 Likes

Shooooot. Did you now that freezing rice for 3 days before long term storage kills all the weevils? It’s not as good as mylar bags and oxygen free sealing, but it’s practical.

6 Likes

Peanut butter shelf at the local grocery store. 2 jars of the mixed peanut butter and jelly. That’s it. :thinking:

1 Like

That stuff is gross too

I need to stock up on peanut butter and jelly etc.

Love me my PB&J sandwich

Where is this?

1 Like