The Role of Humates in Enhancing Mushroom Growth

I can ask him.

I just sprayed a little on a grain to grain transfer to wet the grain a bit more at 1 ml per gallon. I also did the exact same grain to grain transfer with no agtonik as control. I’ll post what happens.

5 Likes

I observed no obvious difference in growth rate with this test.

4 Likes

Thank you for your evaluation! We appreciate you giving it the test.

The biggest difference is when used before sterilization at 5-10ml/gallon of medium.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

why are you copy/pasting from a european cultivation website? What kind of bot ring is this?

6 Likes
Humic acids have been known to improve a plant's yield and even keep the plants hydrated for longer periods of time. I am not, however, sure if humic acids would be appropriate for [mushrooms](http://grasslife.io/).

The agtonik doesnt reallt speed up colonization. That has more to do with ur nutrient content, moisture content, temp of bags when transfering and the strength/vigour of your isolated mycelium.

What i did notice was more flushes and fuller flushes but i am adding a bit more to my sub recipes then most people do. So it might be working in sync with my other additives.

One thing i have noticed is if a bag does get trich, if the bag had agtonik added to it, it actually gives a chance for the mycelium to out compete the trich. Bags that didnt have agtonik never was able to fully eat the trich and take it over.

I only did 2 side by sides b4 deciding to throw agtonik into every step of the way, in the grain b4 sterilization and all the water used to hydrate the sub b4 pasturization.

4 Likes

This is an awesome evaluation of fulvic in mushroom production.

1 Like

Very interesting ive just recently started growing lions mane mushrooms and Im trying to learn as much as I can before experimenting with adding acids or beneficial bacteria. This kind of stuff was being talked about a lot in the cannabis industry so I was surprised that outside of a few research papers I couldnt find much info from mushroom cultivators.

Do you know how much your yield improved on first flush vs the control?

1 Like

Roughly 20% increase over control

3 Likes