The Pass - Analytics, Discussion, and shilling

Apparently its a big industry secret that only 60% of dispos are using…

1 Like

I’ve mentioned that several times. A lot of high school kids are gonna end up scraping that last bit out and dabbing it. So much for harm reduction

5 Likes

Doesn’t even need to be the 20% residue. Who hasn’t had a cart fail on them while still relatively full?

2 Likes

Vaporizers actually produce kind of aerosols. It means that a portion of the non volatile things get carried out as nano droplets suspended in the vapor. In any case, even the best devices used properly are likely to emit some of the non volatile coumpounds.

5 Likes

I’m still speculating. But I keep on believing this is derived from d9 plants in this present case. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

ill take the other side of that coin with the amount of d8 in the cart…

4 Likes

Edit nvmd

I believe that too, but also from other plants or synthesized like mentioned. This is a bulk product available to cart producers. From other plants as well.

Maybe the reasonable thing to do here is to empty a sample into a headspace vial with a silicone or other high temp septum, bake it at 600C or so and then pull a shot off the headspace. People talk about PEG producing formaldehyde but that doesn’t happen until like 425C if I’m not mistaken.

I’m a little confused, supposedly this is a heavy boiler but then he says it doesn’t stay in the cart. I can only imagine that it reacts to create volatile compounds and that those reactants are not hazardous according to his GCMS assessment.

6 Likes

Hi, new here, sorry if I’m out of line. I’ve read every comment in this thread and many others. This is somewhat rhetorical: if this 22% cut doesn’t vaporize/boil, but it also isn’t staying in the cart, why wouldn’t we assume it’s aerosolizing and still ending up in our lungs as you’re suggesting? Rocks might not boil, but I wouldn’t want someone grinding up 22% rocks in a cart. Coal dust doesn’t boil either.

3 Likes

This thread is “millennial entertainment” lol

2 Likes

D-8 is already hotdog water. That 22% is prolly hotdog water actually but getting confused with the D-8 on the testing.

anyone else performing Mass Spec on d8 samples and sharing the info here… Id love to see some of the producers in all these threads post up their mass spec testing…

2 Likes

just from curiosity’s sake…

How can this be true:

IF:

also have you burned through a full cartridge to verify that 22% of this “magic diluent” is left in the cart at the end? if its not, then its in peoples lungs and is vaporizing with the D8 or its catching a ride with the vapors. so then my next question is, what are you using to determine whats toxic in the lungs? water is toxic when you breathe it in and you drown.

9 Likes

It doesn’t take a chemist to see the holes in this discussion.

7 Likes

I find it strange the guy is an old time science nerd type right?

Most of the questions that require a level of knowledge go unanswered.

Maybe its a time spent thing… i can surely understand spending more time on lusting over raids than lusting over attaching alkyl chains to silica for improved remediation that ultimately only benefits the consumers.

3 Likes

I say it’s luteolin…

7 Likes

Woah woah woah, hold up, I’m not seeing how this is true. (Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I don’t have time to read through every post to catch up…)

At atmospheric pressure, THC boils at 420degC, it most certainly goes into your lungs without ever boiling. Can you suggest where this diluent would go other than one’s lungs when it is heated and inhaled?

6 Likes

Solid bet.

2 Likes

Hmmmmmmmm

That’s an interesting one

Nice guess!!!

I think you could be right

3 Likes