The First-Ever Disposable Dab Pen is Here

I think $40 retail is a tough ask for customers for on something they might be able to run three grams through before tossing it you’re approximating retail on a lower end of 1G/$35.

I’d imagine the average customer is going to figure they could get three to four disposables for less without the additional cost of accessories/hassle of dabbing on the go with this.

This might have a market for experienced users who don’t want to take a more pricey piece to a concert or something, but I don’t see this as being a solid intro piece to a new user.

where’d you get this from? I didn’t see anything that said its done after 3 grams.

which market is selling disposables for under $10?

This device is marketed as disposable, so I’m estimating how much the average user can run through it before needing a new one. If the heating chamber itself is the primary consumable, that would change things.

My calculation was with the device at $40 retail & $35/g in extract at the estimate of three grams- $145.

Four 1G disposables at an average of $35 would be cheaper aside from the fact it’s an extra gram.

Mid-tier priced CA market brand as an example:

1 Like

Yeah man this is a disposable, not a rig. You preload it, cap it and send it to custy. Don’t think you can reopen? Maybe @cyclopath can chime in.

3 Likes

Ah wasn’t considering it like that with a locking cap/hadn’t checked the website. Figured it was a value add for the store opposed to a brand filling them before they hit the shelves.

Bound to take some R&D to see what SKUs hold up over the course of the half gram in that environment & a bit damning to not have variable settings/temp control.

1 Like

Got a artrix disposable sample sitting here full of oil that wont work at all! :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

Wow, Can you post your picture here?

Ahh, I got you. I thought you meant they could by 3-4 disposable pens (filled) for the same price they could buy one of these devices.

But yeah, the quality/lifespan of the device will definitely determine whether it’s well priced or not. It seems like we have different ideas of how well it will work.
I’m picturing like the pipe version of a puffco / dr. dabber. If it’s something like that for $40, people will buy that in my opinion.

1 Like

Maybe you’re right, but I don’t think so man. No way they are trying to sell one-time use empty vaping hardware (that will only hold half a gram) for $20/unit wholesale. If they are, they’re in trouble lol.

Someone posted a link to the empty hardware and it was $20/unit.

well it says ‘filled’ here and then

says empty right under the picture lol.

so who knows…

Ok, maybe it is $20 retail. and you put your half gram in there and that’s it?
If that’s the case, I digress. Y’all are right. $20 hardware to smoke a half a gram and be done would be insane. I was under the impression you could refill it.

1 Like

Yes it’s empty. Just like a cart. Then you cap it. If anyone pays $20 for this they are getting scammed. They are closer to $4 like I said. This unit is not made to be used for more than let’s say a day. Fill a half g and vape until it tastes like poo. Toss the rest. I’m almost positive that’s how this device works.

Again, @cyclopath has on hand. Maybe he can clarify.

2 Likes

After visiting their site, the device is marketed as not needing “cleaning, filling or adjustments” & while neither their site or the one wholesaling the device are overly specific, the window being “snap-in” reads like a cartridge- it’s probably the same deal you’re suggesting. One-time use, non-refillable, toss it when it’s empty. Disposables obviously have market share, but it’s disappointing to see another battery powered device heading to the landfill.

Something tells me those hands don’t belong to our dearest bro.

I think black is more @Akoyeh’s color anyway.

4 Likes

Yeah man a $20 battery is fucking insane. So you’re looking at like $50 for a half gram disposable vape basically…lol

This could serve as a “solid” vaping device I suppose (different thread).

But the price point is wayyyyy too high. $20 for empty hardware is ridiculous. Even $10 is way too high for empty hardware.

It’s not $20. That is retail. It’s $4.

I was given a couple of these to try and can confirm that once the clear cap is clicked on there is zero chance of taking it off without breaking the whole device. Definitely not able to reload this.

4 Likes

weakkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

so it’s basically a disposable vape pen that can handle THCa rich concentrates without decarbing. kinda like what people are looking for in that ‘badder to cart tech’ thread

Just tried it, actually really impressed with this to be honest.

1 Like

well I’ll be damned, eh?
if it was refillable, that thing would be badass.

1 Like

Do you need the clear cap fully seated in order to use it? Half seated so its removable? A cheapo glass carb cap instead?

1 Like

We were able to remove the cap but probably not something a custy would do. Flavor was probably better than a Puffco to be honest… It was super dank live rosin to be fair

2 Likes